Re: its time to go... bye bye Verizon, hello pink people
mr_wirez
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tmo is now paying up to $350 ETFs and up to $300 for your phone. I took my 4 lines to Tmo and got 2 Nexus 5's and 2 Moto g's... My bill is $180 for all 4. The bill will go down $34 when my N5's are paid off, and we paid cash for the Moto's.

So... The remainder of my bill will be $146/month..  On Verizon we were paying $179 for 1 Galaxy Nexus and 3 dumb phones.. We have Great coverage in my area. 35MB/second on Tmo LTE and 15MB/second on HSPA+!!

VZW wanted $280/month for 4 smartphones!!! Umm.. Yeah right.

DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

thanks for the reply... good info

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

the PINK people will pay off you cancellation fees, go in and talk to them. my contracts are just about over end of January so no cancellation is needed for me

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

>>Duplicate post removed to comply with the .  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

the service is AWESOME... but Verizon has its customers  (comment removed) and isnt friendly at all in my opinion

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

I can agree on your assessment in this reply. It is common knowledge that T-Mobile breezed through that AT&T money, they are building out and with spending 3 Billion plus to verizon for the low level spectrum will give them needed coverage in more outlining places. Now Sprint if successful will get all that spectrum and the 4G LTE that T-Mobile has, good move if Sprint can actually get the company. Some news sites are saying that Sprint may not continue with T-Mobiles uncarrier program. But you have to wait and see if regulators allow the take over.

Having tried T-Mobile on one of our devices, the calks were great, WiFi calling was great, customer service and billing were sorely lacking. However their coverage outside of just a few miles from my home was terrible. My friend lives out in a rual town, the T-Mobile coverage was non existent but if I used his WiFi the calling was great. I had great coverage with my verizon device and he has Sprint and calling and data (3G) was excellent.

Eventually all the companies will be having coverage, some many years away but then it will come down to prices and gimmicks to obtain customers.

B33
Legend

Yea I'm staying were i'm at was just passing the news but if verizon should go this route it might be niceSmiley Happy b

Tidbits
Legend

I will say this now... If the AT&T and T-Mobile buy out didn't pass. Sprint has no shot either. One of the main defense was that 4 national carriers were better than 3. So explain to me why now having 3 is better than 4 now? I see a little too much wishful thinking...

B33
Legend

Well anytime there are more carriers it helps or I'd think it would as there is more competition but who knows how things are to shake up in this world we live in Tidbits and you know that.. with out asking we don't know anymore if you go on askwoody.com you'll see there how he talks about the changes in Microsoft all the oldies that are leaving or are gone!

Heck in a few months I may or may not be on here or any were for matter!  because there Dropping support for XP now I'm not crying about it my computer has done some great years of Service even before I got it,  but come around April if all is dropped on XP I don't know what i'm going to do for sure I darn sure don't have the money to buy another computer.. So for a many of you that has see me on here, you may not see me on here after that.. we wait and see.. 

0 Likes
Not applicable

The original phone companies was Cellular One, oh yes there were smaller ones just starting out. Then in NY the NY Telephone Company was building out cellular it open as Bell Atlantic then Bell Atlantic NYNEX Mobile, then they gobbled up Arch Wireless and a few others so now it was actually two cell providers. Then the originator of cellular PCS (Sprint) final!y got on the bandwagon. T-Mobile was not even in the picture. So we had three. Why would not three work again?

That competition is not gone. Then through laws there are a crap load of companies selling cell services due to them having the use of AT&T and Verizon towers. That due to them not maintaing  any networks of their own can sell services so much cheaper. That is competition. So much in fact the big cell providers are now buying them up. Would that be to stiffile competition?

T-Mobile is not really needed. So Sprint gets them, all the spectrum they need all in place, they get the low level  spectrum that was just bought from Verizon, they improve coverage, they get more customers, they offer better plans and services.

Verizon & AT&T are forced to lower costs, forced to offer like services. That is what competition should be.

0 Likes