its time to go... bye bye Verizon, hello pink people
DontRegister
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon has great service but isnt very customer friendly IMO... I hate to take my number and move on but Im at the end of my rope. Im not a huge "phone talker". I text and get on the net and Verizon doesnt provide a "basic" phone for my needs. Some of us dont want all the bells & whistles but if Im going to get the bells and whistles I dont want to have to watch my DATA every month.

Its a sad time for me cause I loved Verizon and I was getting a 18% discount which I wont be getting from the Pink People. I'll survive and so will Verizon Im sure

Labels (1)
Re: its time to go... bye bye Verizon, hello pink people
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Each customer has to choose the cellular service that is best for them. Whether it is with VZW, another carrier or no carrier at all.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Not applicable

T-Mobile gives corporate discounts. Just show your id at the store.

Have fun at the "Pink" people. I think they call their color magenta.

Good Luck

B33
Legend

I seen on a Commercial last night there also paying for E.T.F fees on phones turned back into T-Mobile on I assume certain  Family plans might be there sending a challenge to the other carriers.. 

For one's wanting to catch the commercial watch for it to possibly to run again during the NFL playoffs.. that's when companies really want people to see there advertising..

Waimon
Contributor - Level 3

Good luck hope you find what you are looking for in your next provider. I am happy here as they have the best reception which is my main concern where I live. Good luck

honeyboy41

me and my family would like to go to the PINK people also, but the upgrades are holding 2 of my phones back and I certainly do not have 350 for cancellation fees on each phone.

??? for u, is there any ways around those cancellation fees?

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Yes there's a way around the cancelation fees. Its called fulfilling your contract.

Not applicable

http://www.T-Mobile.com their new program will pay off your early termination fees up to five lines. And they will require you to trade in any working phone which can earn up to $300 so its $650 per line. All you have to realize is you have to purchase a new divice from T-Mobile but can spread out the payments over 24 months. But its no contracts, a plan of unlimited everything with 2.5 GB of data is $70 for the first line, $60 for the second, $50 for lines three through ??

But make sure you have good coverage before you jump ship.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

According to the news where I live, the people at T-Mobile are seeing a huge jump in customers. From all the other carriers.

So it is hurting the big three. Don't believe it isn't.

However the WSJ is saying Sprint/Softbank is getting closer to acquiring T-Mobile, Dish has dropped their bid for them.

Also note Verizon sold low level spectrum and swapped spectrum for 3 billion dollars with T-Mobile. So the coverage will vastly improve.

In the mean time Sprint offered family of 4 pricing of unlimited calling and texting and 1Gb of data. Don't remember if that is per line or shared. The total price is $100 for the family plan. http://www.sprint.com they are also giving away until Monday Samsung Galaxy 3 tablets absolutely free, no taxes no down payments etc. However its a two year contract and the base plan is 50 MB of data for $5 or 2 GB of data for $15 a month for the tablet. And a $36 activation fee. When I inquired about it at Sprint the guy said he would also waive the activation fees so its $120 for two years with 50 MB of data or $360 for 2 GB of data over two years, and there are early termination fees included. Not really free.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

According to the news where I live, the people at T-Mobile are seeing a huge jump in customers. From all the other carriers.

So it is hurting the big three. Don't believe it isn't.

It's not. Except Sprint. T-Mobile ignores 35% of the US. Most of that area is At&t and Verizon territory. So each pretty much has 15% marketshare without even having to compete with T-Mobile. In areas where they do compete even if T-Mobile had 40% marketshare their total marketshare would be 26%. Even if At&t and Verizon each only had 1/3 each of the remaining 60% they have 28% total marketshare. So even under a most favorable situation T-Mobile is STILL behind At&T and Verizon. Until T-Mobile starts covering the 35% they ignore they will be at best a distant 3rd.

Also if T-Mobile continues to get customers and still insists on offering unlimited data they will have congestion issue pretty quick. Also T-Mobile is NOT making any money. No way they can afford to low ball pricing and pay ETFs and survive. They are just pretty much assuring they get bought out. The math doesn't work for T-Mobile.

0 Likes