is there not enough customer service reps to handle all the complaints
japish
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a long time Verizon customer. I have home internet and wireless.  I think you have excellent service all around.  I will admit I have had a few issues over the years, but for the most part very happy.  Since Feb. 19, 2014 I have had nothing but frustration with my wireless account.  My daughter who was already a Verizon wireless customer wanted to save money by joining my family account.  We went to your Chino Hills store and were told we needed an assumption of liability; which they could not do and we were given a number to call that would take care of this.  Everything went well except email was wrong for me, but my daughter received one telling her as soon as I authorized the account it would be effective.   Thursday morning I called to straighten out the email, but was told I could go online and find the document and approve.  I received the confirmation, but since Wednesday my daughter’s phone could only receive calls.  Do you know how terrible it is for a young person to not be able to text?  Thursday evening my daughter calls Verizon for assistance and was told they could do nothing because she was not an authorized manager.  Friday I called Verizon and was on the phone for over an hour and if my wife would not have come home in time I was told I could not add my daughter as an authorized manager.  We got my daughter authorized and tech support over the phone fixed the issue for the texting without my daughter or her phone in my possession.  A gentleman by the name of Aman out of Chicago was very helpful.  I texted my daughter, but she was at work so I was not aware of the issue she could still only receive calls, but could not call out.  Funny isn’t it, but I could add her line to the family account in the store.  I do understand the security issues, but I think it has gotten out of hand.  Her phone worked fine until she went on my account.

After all this I discovered I was qualified for a military discount.  I decided to go to the Verizon store in Whittier on Washington and Lambert.  Optimistically thinking I could get everything done instead of being on the phone for another hour or more.  Well I was wrong.  Tien is the manager and sent me to Elmer (removed).  He said he can do nothing without the phone (odd but tech support can over my phone).  I now ask him about the discount I was told I qualified for, and he says my wife who is the owner has to release the account, meaning we have to come back.  As a result of all the running in circles with this company you could see how I am extremely frustrated. In addition now knowing that when I retired and lost my discount I didn’t need to release account. That was about 6 months ago.  Also I was working for the Post Office and went to same store to apply for a discount and was not told she needed to release the account. That was approximately 2 ½ months ago.  Never heard from them after that, but I don’t work for the Post office any longer. Also, I tried to remove the password for my account and was told it is mandatory to have password.  I told Elmer that I have been a customer for a long time and that has not always been the case and his reply to me was that it has always been that way.  I left the store and maybe you have been around, but you might want to check that out and I know you have the technology to find out how long I have been a customer.  I hate to be lied to. 

I believe a lot of the problem lies with communication; it seems every time I have an issue, there is a new policy.  I know the frustration would not have happen if I was informed of policy changes and your employees didn’t assume we the customer are aware of all policy changes.

I went to Verizon store in Pico Rivera to activate my military discount; my wife wasn’t asked to release account.  Once again I was there almost an hour due to new ways to verify my identity.  I had my California drivers license and my DD214 (military separation papers) but that wasn’t good enough.  Thank God my vehicle registration was accepted for validation.

My contract will be complete November 2014 at which time I am seriously considering changing wireless service.  And what a process to complain, verizon email must have been toomuch too handle

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

Labels (1)
Re: is there not enough customer service reps to handle all the complaints
Not applicable

You have posted this already. How many times are you going to post this story?

You like everyone else have no email options. You call on the phone or you go to the store or both.

You can go to Twitter or Facebook or even Google+ to contact Verizon.

Yes it is a hassle but we live with the means that we have.

Good Luck

0 Likes
japish
Enthusiast - Level 1

(removed)  I don't facebook or any of the others.  Maybe your happy to give in to verizon hassle full way to complain.  I will be sending this by U. S. mail as that is the only way in their contact us page.  I think is (removed) for one of the biggest carriers to treat loyal customers with 10+ years.  It is like all companys these days only the new customers get the discounts.  But thanks for the help.https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/817810

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

Actually I have been with Verizon before the name change in 2000 so more like 25 years plus.

I don't call to complain. I don't think I have had a need to call them 3 times in all those years. Maybe I am lucky? Who knows.

Yes the email not being an option may be a hassle to many. I don't find it that way. I call or go to the Corporate store near me.

Much simpler.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

japish,

I definitely understand your frustration with the Assumption of Liability (AOL) you were trying to complete. There were a lot of factors impacting all accounts, but I'll be more than happy to clarify. Your wife is the account owner and while you're authorized, there are limitations to what you can do, such as adding another account manager or change the billing password. This is all to protect her account http://vz.to/1h0rIYA . In addition, the employer requires their employee to be the account owner so the discount is applied; you would have had to assume over all lines(another AOL). Lastly, the store may be able to help with some troubleshooting steps but only our technical support team has access to every tool needed to properly troubleshoot the phone. Please let us know if you're still experiencing problems with your daughter's line so we can help you.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes