is it possible to see if a phone from my account is being used on a different account or prepay plan
ryno21a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I added a line of service to my account to help out a friend of mine. When i did that, I gave her my Samsung s5 (which I own outright) and reactivated my commando 4glte on my line. Well I see in the usage report she has not used the phone at all since November 17th at about 1 am. No data use (0.0gb) and no voice/text. Im not sure if its a coincidence or not (most likely not) but, the previous day, I sent her a text offering to add her on as an account manager. Anyway since the phone hasn't been on, I cannot ask her what the deal is, so Im wondering if there is anyway to see if she is using my s5 on her own plan, or someone else's, possibly a prepay plan? If the phone isn't blacklisted all she would have to do is swap the sim right? But, the imei/meid/esn would still be the same so should be possible to see if its being used still, even with a different sim. I dont care about finding out the location, just if it is active elsewhere and maybe the new phone number if thats possible, just so I can find out whether I can terminate her line from my account or if she still needs it. Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is it possible to see if a phone from my account is being used on a different account or prepay plan
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only if the phone is supposedly still tied to your account meaning no other phone has been activated on that line in its place.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: is it possible to see if a phone from my account is being used on a different account or prepay plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can help with this.  If you still see the device connected to that line in My Verizon, than it is not being used on another account.  More in depth information may be available if you call in or message us on Facebook or Twitter.

NoahS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ryno21a
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the s5 would no longer be visible in my Verizon if she swapped out the sim card from my account and replaced it with one from another account? I do own the phone outright, is it possible she could take it to another carrier?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. You should have reported it as stolen. That would have blacklisted the device from being used on another account or carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ryno21a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would it still show up on my Verizon, if it is being used elsewhere?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Only if the phone is supposedly still tied to your account meaning no other phone has been activated on that line in its place.

0 Likes
ryno21a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't changed anything, its still linked to that line. If i report the phone stolen, can I undo it later? In case there is a good reason why she isn't using it right now. Is there anyway to locate the phone by imei, to find out if it is being used somewhere else? I just need to know, so I can terminate that line from my account if it is being used on another carrier or Verizon account. And if the phone isn't being used on my account, I have no way of calling her because that was the only phone number I had for her.

0 Likes
ryno21a
Enthusiast - Level 2

I dont care about the phone, she can keep it. I just dont want to be paying for a line that no one is using.

0 Likes
ryno21a
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone used to be mine, so it shows up in google device manager. But I did a factory reset on it before I gave it to my friend. Will device manager still lock the device remotely?

0 Likes
KATLIP35

If it has a different phone number, then you're ok.. If verizion says you have it hooked up, then it's hooked up to your account.

0 Likes