iPhone Service at zip code 22302
val56

Can't get to talk to my child at school in the 22302 area, friends using other carriers are OK. Would there be a disconnection fee if I transfer her cell # to another carrier that works?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone Service at zip code 22302
budone
Legend

Yes as service inside bldgs is not guaranteed.

How old is the child? Maybe they turned it off.

0 Likes
val56

I’m not sure that the service is age-dependant. Old enough to know that the phone needs to be in the “ON” position to use.

Her friends get great service using other carriers. Also, her phone and mine never seems to get a 4G signal.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It can be age specific. But anyways. what phones do you have exactly?  What about friends with VZW phones, do they have a signal?

0 Likes
val56

iPhone 5, friends that receive signal are on AT&T, friends with VZW are seen walking around outside seeking a signal by alternately raising or lowering arms.  Not good.

>> Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Could simply be the tower is not as close to the school as ATT's tower is. However that will not allow you to end your contract without an ETF

The following is part of the Customer Agreement:

WHERE AND HOW DOES VERIZON WIRELESS SERVICE WORK?

Wireless devices use radio transmissions, so unfortunately you can't get Service if your device isn't in range of a transmission signal. And please be aware that even within your Coverage Area, many things can affect the availability and quality of your Service, including network capacity, your device, terrain, buildings, foliage and weather.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@vaI56,

I can totally understand you wanting to be able to keep in touch with your child and making sure they are ok!

I reviewed the coverage on that zip code and the coverage is great, with no reported issues. Please keep in mind that no carrier can guarantee service indoors, as there are many factors out of our control that can interfere with the signal. Service indoors can also vary among carriers in different areas depending on how close the towers are.

You mentioned your child has an iPhone 5. Try resetting the network settings http://vz.to/16xpaXv and see if that helps with the service.

Keep us posted.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wowdiva3

>Post deleted to comply with VZW ToS. Cross posting is not permitted.<

Please view this post at the link below:<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes