i want to switch to verizon but i have no credit?
mizponce

i am currently under my mom and want to switch to verizon on my own but i have no credit. how can i go about getting verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: i want to switch to verizon but i have no credit?
rcschnoor
Legend

Without a credit history, you will most likely have to give Verizon a security deposit of up to $400/line. The deposit is refunded after 1 year of in full and on time payments.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You should try to have a credit app run. There used to be a program that didn't require a deposit but VZW could call you during your bill cycle to change your plan higher and/or request an early payment if your usage was expected to be high. It is always worth a shot. Go to the store with your state issued photo ID, SS Card and a proof of address.

0 Likes
Dustin001
Contributor - Level 1

Just go Prepaid why lock yourself in a contract? Prepaid service works just as great with much more freedom.

Snn5
Legend

Albeit less support and fewer features as a postpaid More Everything plan, but still a good move for someone who yet has credit.  Most of the Prepaid phones aren't bad, and can be reasonably priced given their specs.

rcschnoor
Legend

Dustin001 wrote:

Just go Prepaid why lock yourself in a contract? Prepaid service works just as great with much more freedom.

You do not have to sign a 2 yr service contract to go post-paid. You can always go post-paid and STILL be a month to month customer just like pre-paid.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You still need to have a credit check to go month to month post-paid.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Is it urgent you have your own plan right now? Another option is to establish credit. Gotta start somewhere. My first credit card was from a national bank; limit $300. I used it regularly and paid it off as soon as it posted. It shouldn't take too long to establish credit; just buy gas on it and pay it off before the end of the month. Just don't go crazy.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

You still need to have a credit check to go month to month post-paid.

I never said you didn't, simply that you didn't have to sign a 2 yr service contract. In fact, earlier I stated without a credit history(or bad credit) they would most likely have to provide a security deposit.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Maybe I was confused trying to sneak in a few quick posts at work. Forgive me?

0 Likes