how do you talk to a live support person at Verizon Wireless?
dlee388
Enthusiast - Level 1

Any advice on how to talk to a live Verizon Wireless customer support person?  When I login to My Verizon, I get an error message saying that the website can't provide information about my account plan because they're upgrading the site.  I've been getting that same message for weeks.  In addition, when I call the toll free numbers listed on the website, I get into a voicemail knowledge system with no way to talk to live person or to get the information that I seek.  Finally, when I click the chat link on the site, nothing happens.  I would prefer not having to drive to the local Verizon store to get an answer to a question.

I'm on an unlocked iPhone with no contract and I'm contemplating switching carriers due to poor customer service at Verizon.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: how do you talk to a live support person at Verizon Wireless?
Snn5
Legend

Post paid:  *611, press 1, then 4, then say Agent.

cowboy65
Enthusiast - Level 3

go to the verizonwireless.com type in talk to a live person then it will take you to these boxes pick the box says live person

Snn5
Legend

I'm not sure i follow your instructions.  I got this result: Search Results for talk to a live person

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dlee388,

We definitely don't want to lose you. Verizon Wireless has a strong customer commitment to delivering the best from our service and staff. I am disappointed to hear the service you received did not reflect this commitment.

When was the last time you were able to sign into your My Verizon account? Are you trying to access My Verizon while traveling outside the USA? Have you tried signing in from a different commputer? Are you able to access My Verizon mobile on your cell?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dlee388
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks, but none of those suggestions worked.  I'm on a prepaid, auto-pay monthly plan.  I'm trying to ask a question to a live support person and I've been trying on and off over the course of several weeks to figure this out.

I'm using the same computer and browser that I used to create the My Verizon Account associated with my cell phone number and I'm trying to connect from home.

The Verizon My Account site is useless and the phone system simply puts you into menu after menu with no way to reach an agent.  I tried entering zero to see if that would redirect to an agent, but no luck.

I called 611 and then explored the different options on the phone menu, but nothing will let you speak to a live agent.

In summary:

• Website doesn't work - I get messages says the site is down because they're upgrading - for several weeks.
  • Chat doesn't do anything - there's no way to open a chat window
  • The only phone numbers to call lead into a voicemail knowledgebase system with no way to talk to a live person

When I was on a more expensive prepaid plan, it was easy to talk to a live person.  So my impression is that this is related to the type of plan that I'm on.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Prepaid is *611   4,6,4

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Also, Prepaid is Prepaid, having the $45 or the $60 plan doesn't matter.

0 Likes