how do I remove access charge on suspended line?
phoenixman

I have two suspended lines on our More Everything Plan.  How do I remove access charge on both these lines?@

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I remove access charge on suspended line?
tanishas1_vzw
Verizon Employee

My apologies, phoenixman and tikibar1! tikibar1 is absolutely correct - I misspoke. In order for the Access Fee billing to stop during a suspension, the Supsend "without billing" option would need to be selected.

This will stop all billing attached to the suspended line. Please keep in mind that if any contract exist on the suspended line; it will be extended for the time length of the suspension. Here's a link that provides more information surrounding this process: http://spr.ly/6-12N9dn  I appreciate the correction and thank you both for being part of our VZW community.

TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
phoenixman, It's definitely key to understand your options when it comes to suspending your account. In order to ensure the Access Line billing stops for the suspended lines, you'd want to select the option to suspend "with billing". This will stop all billing attached to the suspended line. Please keep in mind that if any contract exist on the suspended line; it will be extended for the time length of the suspension. Here's a link that provides more information surrounding this process: http://spr.ly/6-12N9dn
TanishaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

tanishas_vzw - I think you mean that the lines need to be suspended "without billing, i.e., from the FAQ in the link:

• Suspended with billing   You'll be billed for all services and features during the suspension period. However, your contract and upgrade eligibility dates won't be impacted. If you subscribe to Equipment Protection, coverage continues throughout the suspension period. This includes Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Total Equipment Coverage (TEC), Total Mobile Protection (TMP), and Extended Warranty (EW).

• Suspended without billing   You won't incur voice, data or feature charges while your service is suspended*. Monthly Verizon Edge payments will continue under your Verizon Edge contract. If you choose this option, your contract and upgrade eligibility dates will be extended for however long your line is suspended. If you subscribe to Equipment Protection, coverage continues throughout the suspension period. This includes Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Total Equipment Coverage (TEC), Total Mobile Protection (TMP), and Extended Warranty (EW).
tanishas1_vzw
Verizon Employee

My apologies, phoenixman and tikibar1! tikibar1 is absolutely correct - I misspoke. In order for the Access Fee billing to stop during a suspension, the Supsend "without billing" option would need to be selected.

This will stop all billing attached to the suspended line. Please keep in mind that if any contract exist on the suspended line; it will be extended for the time length of the suspension. Here's a link that provides more information surrounding this process: http://spr.ly/6-12N9dn  I appreciate the correction and thank you both for being part of our VZW community.

TanishaS_VZW