how do I make a formal complaint

I have been online for an hour just trying to find a place to make a complaint its not clear how to handle that,   So here it is!  We are new to Verizon and got phones and a plan a few months ago.  My husband has Droid Turbo 2 that had stopped charging, not altogether, you would have to sit it just right to get it to take a charge.  He went to the store that we purchased our phones from and let them know about the issue.  The employee who assisted him had tried to say it was because of certain apps he had on his phone,  Once those were removed and it still didn't charge, she suggested it was the charger and SOLD him a new one for $40.  You would think that since the phone was a few months and the charger was defective it would be replaced at no cost... clearly not the case.  After getting home, it was clear that the new charger was still not charging the phone.  It took another month to have time to make it back to the store, (and being a truck driver without a phone half of the time because it would not charge.) 

Today he went back to the store to address this issue.  Another employee had called some support line and described the situation.  She made the assertion that if this were a two year old phone and wouldn't be charging, this situation would be normal wear and tear and covered but since the phone was several months old, he must be using the charger wrong, repeatedly thus damaging the charging port.  The sales person's observation/assertion ruled out any option for the standard warranty covering a replacement phone and to get this phone replaced it must be done with our Protection coverage COSTING $150 DEDUCTIBLE! 

So here we are, $40 for charger that wasn't even necessary and a supposedly MILITARY GRADE phone that by plugging and unplugging it daily is considered to be some sort of negligent act that broke this phone.  This is the most absurd thing I can imagine!  With all of the competition in the cellular industry, and you chalk up normal use of a phone as some sort of abuse.

My husband cannot go without a phone for any longer, we were basically forced into make an insurance claim and pay a $150 deductible in order to replace this phone.  This is clearly a manufacturers defect and we are being punished by it.  It would have been nice to at least have been refunded for the charger that was unnecessarily purchased because sales people are considered technicians.

We will be sending the damaged phone back once the replacement arrives.. so it can go back to a warehouse, be polished up and a "certified" sticker slapped on it to sell it to the next dummy that wants to pay a phone bill equivalent to a car payment and not get honest service.  Then they can browse the web for eternity looking for a place to vent their frustrations.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do I make a formal complaint
melzywi
Contributor - Level 1

I find that in these situation's it's best to go above the store and customer service. Go directly to a regional executive that handles the customer service.  I believe this is the person you might want to email.

[removed]

I've have complained about something before and had action when I contacted a regional executive in charge of customer service.  There may be a way to call this person instead also on the site provided.

Hope this helps!

Mel

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

just searched this site for others having the same issue... THERE ARE SOOOOOOOOOO MANY! this is clearly a manufacturer issue.  Seriously, but ours was negligently charged and I'm $190 in the hole over it!

0 Likes

Thank you!!

0 Likes