google has acquired soft card
jaimes0812

Based on the following article...https://news.gosoftcard.com/2015/02/23/softcard-and-google-complete-deal-to-power-the-next-generatio...

Will Verizon enable "tap to pay" in google wallet? I hope so. Verizon has tried to avoid google and their technology but now the very source of tap to pay has been acquired.  There's nowhere to run now but accept it and enable it.  Yes. I'm an avid google wallet user. So, what's it going to be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: google has acquired soft card
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I have been able to use Google Wallet for "tap to pay" for quite some time. Most if not all of last year, if I am not mistaken. I haven't used it since December, but before that it worked just fine. Has something changed to get it disabled again???

Snn5
Legend

Google bought SoftCard and all major carriers are expected to pre-load Google Wallet/Pay onto future handsets.  So this feature is not going away.  I also have been using GW for a number of years with little issue.

0 Likes
jaimes0812

I have read page after page of people getting it to work. the option to enable tap to pay is simply not avail in the app. I have a not 3 with the latest updates. Just torked it doesn't work.

0 Likes
jaimes0812

Correction... Note 3

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Keep in mind, you may have to check your NFC settings. NFC must be turned activated and Google Wallet must be the touchless payment system associated with it. The phone will not allow you to have both Google Wallet and Softcard available to use NFC at the same time. You have to choose one or the other.

jaimes0812

I've done it all. Removed and disabled softcard. Removed and reinstalled wallet. then I found this..https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/836103?forceNoRedirect=true

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

SoftCard is denying all new sign-ups mid March and the system is defunct by end of March.

0 Likes