DBARTLEET
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can I use the wireless home to fax

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: faxing using wirelessCan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DBARTLEET, sending a fax is something that we all need to do on occasion. We are happy to check your device for this service. Which home service device do you have? If you have the Wireless Home Phone T2000, the device does work with Group3 fax units. See details at http://spr.ly/6580DSbDk.

Loren_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
2spoom

I followed all instructions, lowered my baud rate and turn off error correction.  I placed test calls to the 3 major fax test lines, HP, Brother and Cannon with the following results:

HP: At least a dozen test all failed, transmittal page said bad signal

Both Brother and Cannon transmittal page showed fax sent as OK, but I never received the return confirmation fax from either, half a dozen trys to both.

I change my transmit to overseas mode, which makes allowances for poor connections, but results didn't change for any of the three companies fax test lines.

Conclusion: It may work sometimes, but I wouldn't depend on it if faxing is a big requirement for you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want your service to work as you need it to, 2spoom. Thank you for trying those steps. At this time, what we recommend is reaching out the equipment manufacturer for the fax machine(s), as more advanced troubleshooting appears to be needed.

Lynn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
2spoom

Not really complaining or looking for a fix I was just responding to the OP, I may not have done it correctly.  This problem is not just wireless service, but shows up in many non-traditional copper landline services.  It's a fact that it's not reliable and that's really the only point I was trying to make.  It's not the fax if it works over copper services at all speeds, the only difference in the test was the carrier being used.

0 Likes