family base does not work
ccw301

I have two phones on my account, and when reading my usuage for texts and calls, I can see all the numbers I call and text but not ony other phone which is my child's. I see her get text messages at nite then see nothing on our family base for that time she is receiving. she has no controls over the bill or usuage but I want to see all the numbers and cannot. seems pointless to have the family base service and it doesn't serve its purpose when u can only see and manage some numbers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: family base does not work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ccw301,

Keeping track of your child's usage is definitely important! We want to make sure all the tools are working for you. What type of phone does she have? I ask as if she has an iPhone, she could be using iMessage. This is Apple's message service. These messages are sent over wifi or data and don't show up in the text usage on your My Verizon My Usage section. Let us know if this helps.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ptmc518
Contributor - Level 3

Does your child have an iPhone?  iMessages won't show up

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ccw301,

Keeping track of your child's usage is definitely important! We want to make sure all the tools are working for you. What type of phone does she have? I ask as if she has an iPhone, she could be using iMessage. This is Apple's message service. These messages are sent over wifi or data and don't show up in the text usage on your My Verizon My Usage section. Let us know if this helps.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Not turning this into a lecture, but family base is not meant to be a parenting tool. I understand wanting to monitor, but on iPhones you can use iMessage and on androids you can use hangouts, plus there are a lot of messaging apps that use data and not the text app. If a requirement to have a phone is to be able to see usage and they are hiding it take the phone away, or provide a basic phone which does not use these apps and there can be no "hiding". Modern technology does make it rough for today's parents.

hope that helps.

0 Likes