everytime i use vcast or mobile web it charges a minute?
Swine70
Enthusiast - Level 1

ok... Verizon is still sticking me with this...

date/ 03/31/2009

time/ 2:46 AM

number/ 9999999999

minute/ 1

desc/ 0001661566

everytime i log in to vcast or mobile web it show that i use a minute on my voice plan!

Why?

does that go against my 1400 minutes?

I have the

NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE PRIMARY 1400 $**** S4975 1107

Unl Picture/Video Msg $0.00
Mobile Web For Mb Plans $0.00   
V Cast Vpak For Mb - $15 $15.00   

Txt Msg W Per Msg Charges $0.00
Streamlined Billing- $0 $0.00
Ringback Tones $0.99 $0.99
Caller Id $0.00
Busy Transfer $0.00
3-Way Calling $0.00
Call Waiting $0.00
No Answer Transfer $0.00
Call Forwarding $0.00
Basic Voice Mail - $0 $0.00
New Every Two MultiTier $0.00
Unl Text Messaging $0.00
 Nationalaccess Roam-Mb $0.00
Unlimited Verizon Wireless Mobile To Mobile Calling $0.00

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: everytime i use vcast or mobile web it charges a minute?
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1
Under the older America's Choice plans, logging in to the mobile web or get it now system consumed your minute allowance.  Under that older calling plan, picture and video messaging also used 1 minute of air time.  Under the Nationwide calling plans, mobile web/get it now no longer uses minutes, but is billed at $1.99 per Megabyte of data that is accessed, whereas picture and video messaging don't use minutes or megabytes, but are billed based on your text messaging plan.
0 Likes
twoboysmom
wait, it gets better. this is my problem too! we use .001 in mb usage and still get charged the $1.99. I have every conceivable block on my sons phone and still get charged--EVERY month. They say if we got rid of pix/flix we could avoid this!! That it has something to do with the messaging that it's somehow connected. I have a plan for unlimited txt and pix/flix so i refuse to give that up for a problem they can't and wont fix. Most recently I was told they would no longer credit my acct for this because i have fought the charges too much.
0 Likes
Swine70
Enthusiast - Level 1

got an email from support.

"Swine70, since you are currently on the Nationwide Select plan and subscribe to VCast Vpack, you are not charged minutes when browsing Mobile Web or VCast, you have unlimited megabytes. Your usage will not show against your monthly minutes." 

So i guess all is good!:smileyhappy:

0 Likes