edge up - remaining balance
rhedbeard

I took advantage of the verizon edge max right when it was offered last year and I recently edged up to the iphone6 - once I received the phone I sent back my iphone5c (in complete working condition, no scratches or cracked screen) shortly after I sent it back I received an email stating verizon had received the phone and they will credit my account for the remaining balance due for the iphone5c. that email was received over a month ago, but I still have an outstanding balance for the price of the iphone5c. I asked customer service about it and they said it could take up to two billing cycles in order for the credit to be processed. CS also asked if the returned phone worked and was not broken and then said it would be a good idea to pay the remaining balance in order to avoid a disconnection in service. It seems a little strange it could take 60 days in order for a credit to reflect on a billing statement. why would I pay that remaining amount? why would anyone send back a broken phone? if they don't credit my account I am going to ask for the phone back and give it to my wife because it works.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: edge up - remaining balance
youallsuck

the credit you receive will not change the balance on your bill. on your invoice it will simply state the amount owed and minus that amount. so say you owed $260 left. your bill would read: verizon edge buyout $260 and just below that would also be a -$260. just saying. take a look at the bill with your first months edge payment for the new one.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

YYou won't be able to get the phone back.

0 Likes
rhedbeard

thanks for you response I simply posted this to vent and for anyone else who has experienced this.

the credit I receive will change my balance due, because they include the remaining balance (which is 324.96) to the entire bill due.

my online bill shows "Edge up agreement remaining balance $324.96" then it goes on and lists all the the other fees and services charges including my new monthly charge for my new iphone and the total buyout price for that phone is also listed.

-$324.96 does not show up anywhere on my bill

0 Likes
Helts87
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also "Edged up" but to a 2 year agreement by paying off my 50% balance (original edge was done in february 2014) and sending the phone back.  Received an online statement saying that my new bill will not have edge installment payments.  Paid $199 for the iPhone 6 and sent my Note 3 back in perfect working condition.  I did this in septmember 2014 and here we are in January and i still have a balance for an edge agreement and have been making the payments.  I was able to get a whole $40 refunded last night from these people...how nice of them.

I have had 2 different higher up's contact me about my case and both have stated that as soon as they check the phone in I returned the Edge agreement will be cancelled.  I guess this 3+ months to do??  I feel like Verizon has taken advantage of me and that this will never get fixed.  Really thinking about just switching to AT&T and letting Verizon turn me over to creditors and we can settle it in court...just over this company right now!!

I WILL NOT RECCOMEND THEIR SERVICE TO ANOTHER PERSON AGAIN!

Sincerly,

One Pissed off customer