early termination for better minutes
joycoleman
I currently have 6 months left on my 2 year contract.  I have the 450 minutes with unlimited nights and weekends but for the same price, another carrier (that I have my pay as you go service with) offers 1000 minutes.  My service has been fine, so I'm not worried about losing calls.  Can anyone tell what the termination fee would be and why there's such a huge difference in offers for minutes? It would certainly be nice if VW offered a similar amount of time for the price.  Thanks for any info!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: early termination for better minutes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

$85

The minimum ETF for a 2 year contract is $60.

Message Edited by risu on 07-08-2009 03:17 PM

View solution in original post

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3

$85

The minimum ETF for a 2 year contract is $60.

Message Edited by risu on 07-08-2009 03:17 PM
0 Likes
joycoleman
Thanks Risu.  This is a strong consideration for the difference in minutes.
0 Likes
mdram

does the other carrier include free nights and weekends?

or free in network calling?

90% of my calls fall into those areas so i see very little usage of my minutes

you may see that you use 200 minutes now toward the 450, but add in the free minuts and see how it looks

0 Likes
risu
Contributor - Level 3
http://community.vzw.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=Calling_Plans&thread.id=1340
0 Likes
joycoleman
Thanks Mdran, yes, we do most of our calling during the day, only a little on nights and weekends.  We used up pretty much the full 450 this month due to 2 conference calls I made (I have 4 a month), which I have been using the pay as you go for, so rather than paying the 10 cents a minute, the 1000 a month would be more helpful, so I do think it's still a better deal to switch.
0 Likes