done with verizon
JerryH1984

Verizon just lost a customer of 11 years and I'm telling my whole family to switch as well. So as to why, I'm basically being scammed out of 300 dollars. My contract was up the first week of September and I was online one day and saw the promo for early upgrade with edge. Being that I was not a fan of my HTC one I figured it was worth a shot. So I bought a new Motorola Turbo with edge and sent back my HTC which was BRAND NEW from insurance and kept in a otter box while I did use it. Well a month goes by and I get a letter in the mail saying that I now owe 300 dollars because there was a crack on the screen and after spending the last hour on the phone with Verizon customer service (which was awful BTW) I was basically told it's my problem because shipping is my responsibility even though they supply the box and label??? Even the manager basically said its my problem. Why would I risk going through all this 3 months before my original contract was up? I am fine with paying the fee now because I just got off the phone with T-Mobile and they will pay my ETF for all my lines AND I get to sell my phones so even though Verizon will probably delete this post (I've heard they do that and blacklist customers who complain) I'm gonna repost it on every consumer website I can find. Awful company, awful customer service, and awful pricing. I don't usually complain, I've bit my tongue lots of times Verizon has pulled their little scams but this time I'm not going down quietly. I urge everyone to really consider other options before giving away their money, as I wish I would have done better research and seen all the complaints before signing up for this mess.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: done with verizon
Snn5
Legend

When did T-Mobile start letting people keep their phones when T-Mobile paid the ETF.  (Turning in your current phone is part of the deal when they pay your ETF.)  Also, not everyone will switch to a new carrier just because you tell them to, especially the ones who have no other carrier option.  Verizon provides a basic shipping service for free.  Dependent on whether that is a supplied envelope or box and the service with USPS or other carrier, there are some automatic claim amounts.  Adding a little insurance to a free label is good practice.

JerryH1984

You are right about T-Mobile I misspoke in my rambling and forgot to mention I have multiple phones not under contract or almost ending, I'm specifically talking about my current phone and my tablet will only have ETFs. As far as telling people in the forum to leave I didn't I strongly urged them to do research and read fine print which I should have done but didn't. My family is leaving in July based on what I told them on top of having customer service issues as well. All I am attempting to do is make my issues known hoping someone else doesn't go through the same issues.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I have never had a problem with Verizon.

Weth
Legend

It is hard to take advice from someone who makes the horrible and insensible economic decision of doing early Edge and think it is a great idea to just lose all the value in that phone and send it in, just because one could not wait 3 measly months and keep the phone.   With decisions like that, it makes me wonder about all the advice given By such a person. 

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I did Early Edge 3 weeks before my upgrade date. I had so many issues with my iPhone 5 and just wanted to upgrade. I could have waited. I made an impromptu decision that I regretted the next day. Not because of the phone that I got or because of any issue. I just wish I had the phone as a backup.