do you have to have cellular data on to make calls internationally
mokies

do you have to have cellular data on to make calls internationally

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: do you have to have cellular data on to make calls internationally
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mokies, I want to ensure you can use your phone for the features and services you need. Let’s make sure you can make the calls you need.

In order to make international calls, you’ll need to be connected to the network. However let’s do some digging.

Where are you located and where specifically are you calling? Are you dialing through your phone or using a specific application? Has this occurred before?

MarkP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: do you have to have cellular data on to make calls internationally
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Leave it to Verizon customer service to drag out a simple answer to a simple question instead of getting right to it...

mokies,

No, you do not need to have cellular data on in order to make an international call.  Data connectivity has nothing to do with calls unless you're using VZW's advanced calling.  If you have signal to make a domestic call then you can make an int'l call, you simply need to have permission to do so.

For fraud reasons VZW blocks int'l calling unless you specifically request it.  I assume that you've never made an international call from your current VZW phone, so you'll have to call and have it enabled.  If your phone is over 6 months old and your bill is current they should be able to add int'l calling right away.  No other charges are involved except for international long distance.  They might even have a promo or new feature that could get you a discount rate so be sure to ask.  If you get the rare, knowledgeable rep who uses her tools then she'll ask you about which country you want to call, etc and offer to email you the dialing code and long distance rates.

0 Likes