coverage area
crumpler03
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am wondering why the coverage for 28339 is VERY POOR. The coverage map covers this area entirely and is suppose to be LTE and I get little to no service at all. I have checked with other Verizon people and they have the same issue. The town is  about 3 miles from the next city which gets full service at all times but as soon as I get to Erwin NC 28339, its a dead zone. What can be done about this problem? I am a paramedic and have to use my phone at all times.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: coverage area
Snn5
Legend

Verizon's map is a little optimistic.  If allowed to zoom in to street level magnification detail, one would see that, while yes, LTE covers a broad area, more detailed areas would show varying levels of signal strength.  Verizon's signal is not the same strength over the entire covered area on the map. The possibility to receive stronger signal exists in that entire area, but low lying land, dense building areas, and proximity to other interferences would show less red and more white and lighter red areas.   It only shows where you will get possible LTE from the large base area.

0 Likes
crumpler03
Enthusiast - Level 3

There is not ANY area in this town where I get service. It makes no since for me to not have service here and be able to drive not even 5 mintues and have full service. This area is very terrible and should and needs to be addressed whether its a tower or whatever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to get the best service possible crumpler03. It is key that you are able to use your phone for work. A great way to improve your service is our network extender. This works as a mini tower to improve your service. Click here to learn more: http://spr.ly/6583BneMH.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
crumpler03
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's not going to do me any good. I'm a paramedic which means I'm always on the go and not going to be within 5000sq ft, also I shouldn't be required to have to purchase something when the maps shows the area being covered and it not being.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You might need to search for a better provider at this point.

crumpler03
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like Verizon and don't want to switch but seeing that they aren't trying or wanting to fix or address the issue might be best.

B33
Legend

Having a Good Coverage is one of the Key Elements.. when using a Cellphone..

crumpler03
Enthusiast - Level 3

very true.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to provide you the best service possible crumpler03. In looking at this area, we do see that there are some areas of opportunity. We are continuously working to improve coverage throughout the nation for our customers. Although the extender wouldn't work outside of your home, it can make a significant impact on your in home service. Plus it comes with a 14 day trial period to test it out to see if it works for your needs.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes