charges
budeye
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having problems with a family member charging things to the version account.  How can we stop this

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: charges
Loquat
Master - Level 1

Remove the family member from your plan and make him or her get their own plan.  If this person is a child then that's a completely different subject...

0 Likes
budeye
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes he is a child. Who lives in another state. All you had to say was no. We we not asking you to tell us how to discipline or family. Thank you for your time.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Put a block on purchases also make sure that line is not the account owner line.

budeye
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks but we can't understand why Verizon has him as the owner line the person I'm speaking of is a male the owner of the account is a female

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you guys didn't set it up and he went and did the set up he appointed his own line as account owner.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

budeye wrote:

We are having problems with a family member charging things to the version account.  How can we stop this

Yes he is a child. Who lives in another state. All you had to say was no. We we not asking you to tell us how to discipline or family. Thank you for your time.

How could "no" possibly be an answer to your question. Additionally, no advice about discipline was offered, only that it was another situation since a child obviously cannot have their own account.

On a family account, the first line which logs into MyVerizon is normally designated as the account owner. Simply have the account owner call Verizon and have the appropriate line designated as the account owner, then add a purchasing password to the account so that only people you provide the purchasing password to can charge to the account.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Good evening! Additionally, if you wish to have a line blocked from registering for their own My Verizon online profile, the Account Owner can request this. And make certain, you only have specific Account Managers that you want having access to your account, as an Account Manager does have a high amount of access. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes