cant answer/pick up incoming calls
djones3013
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im getting real tired of this verizon. Going on 10 months plus now. I had a samsung galaxy s7 phone. about 9 to 10 months ago yall did an update to yalls system. my phone did an update. ever since then i cant always answer calls. i can puch the red button and it acts llike i can answer on my end but on the other persons end it just rings and rings wont even go to vcm for them and i cant hang it up on my end. i have to wait until the other person hangs up. tried resetting phone, tried turning phone off and back on, tried resetting phone several times again. dosent do it all the time. tried resetting network settings nothing has helped. did a factory reset and still does it. so i finally got agitated enough i got another phone. i now have iphone 6s. verizon just put my sim card from my samsung phone into the iphone 6s. cool all fixed for about 2 days. then samething AGAIN.... someone would call in again.... i couldnt answer. i can push red button call screen shows up on my end like its answered the call. the other person on the other end just hears ringing and ringing. i cant hear them. again i cant hang it up. and they just hear nothing but ringing. does not go to vcm. so i went back to verizon and had them put in new sim card into my iphone 6s. i all of a sudden got 15 vcms that i had never recieved all the way from back 8 months. and phone worked for about 2 weeks. verizon did another update a week ago and my phone updated...NOW ITS HAPPENING AGAIN.... back to the same thing. Im sick of this verizon. im missing calls and very important calls. i have now switched phones and sim cards and done resets and done network resets and factory resets.... THIS IS YALLS PROBLEM ON YALLS END. I see a bunch messages on this community forum of the same thing happening to a bunch of your customers with all different phones and people are trying everything. Your starting to loose customers over this. This has gone on long enough. I have been with yall for at least 15 years plus. If you cant get your problems fixed to where i can properly receive calls and service that i pay monthly for i will switch and you will loose a long lasting customer. GET THIS FIXED WITH YOUR SYSTEM

Re: cant answer/pick up incoming calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Djones3013, I am heartbroken to hear of all the troubles you have had trying to answer calls on your phone. We appreciate your 15+ years with us and I want to get this fixed as quickly as possible. When you switched from the Android to the iPhone did you do a content transfer, if so what was the process? Was there a factory reset done on your phone after the new SIM was installed?   

MelissaP_VZW

0 Likes
Jakoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having same problem with my new Pixel 3A XL.  Calling customer support is nothing but frustrating.  It is difficult enough trying to understand the the support person with an accent, but the dang background noises just makes it more difficult.  Two attempts and still can't get an answer.  Then told to wait and I get disconnected.  Still waiting for them to call me back.

Doctor called with lab results and he couldn't hear me.  I call right back and he said my phone was still ringing while I'm talking to him on my phone.  Verizon has some major problem thgat they don't seem to be able to fix.    Then they reset something on their end and my Youmail (visual voicemail) doesn't work now.  Note: Verizon is too cheap to even give customers a voicemail app.  3 years with AT&T and I don't think I ever had a bad phone call.  Not even two months with Verizon and nothing but problems (scratching, then dropped calls, now can't take 70% of incoming calls).  Even signing up with Verizon was a nightmare.  Glad I bought an unlocked phone and can switch carriers easy enough.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have a great experience every time you pick up your device. In which zip code are you having an issue? Is this happening indoors or outdoors? I'm not sure I understand what you mean by saying that we don't give our customers a voicemail application. Help me understand what you mean by that so we can assist. We will be standing by! 

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
Jakoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

85204.  Support had me go to a store where they changed out the sim card, but still happens!  I'm a new customer and I am reading people are having trouble with this for months and months with no resolution.  Can we get an answer?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you.  Having your voicemail and being able to answer all your calls is crucial.  This has gone on for far too long and we are here to turn it around ASAP.  A private message has been sent to you for further assistance.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
HelpFixPhone
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have this same problem on both phones in our service.  We also can not connect to the kids Gizmo watches, so all of our Verizon devices are useless as phones.  We have done a system reset, updated all the software versions, changed settings ton of times.  This issue has continued to get worse over the last 4 months.  If you have found a solution to this, please advise.  Thank you.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help because we understand the importance of having service. Where are you located (zip code)? Does this happen in one specific location? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Sunnywolf
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue after 5 times on with Support and taking my phone in.  They tell me to upgrade to a new one.  But instead I'm taking my phone to another carrier that supports its customers.  Good luck to you.

Gidivi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this same problem for months! I had an iPhone 8 Plus, and recently got an iPhone XS Max and I'm still having the problem. It is so frustrating because it is now happening at least 3 times/day again. I answer and no one is there, but on their end, the person calling just gets never ending ringing and can't leave a voicemail, I can't call them back for at least 2 minutes otherwise it goes to their voicemail bc they're still on the phone with my ringing phone. I'm really getting annoyed that this has gone on for so long with how much I pay every month for Verizon service and how many updates there have been. It happens so often that my friends know "oh your phone did that thing again" when they call and it rings and rings without the voicemail picking up.