cannot activate a Verizon Iphone because it was reported lost/stolen wrongly by Verizon
porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

My cousin gave me his Iphone 4 after he upgrade with another phone with Verizon. he has never reported lost/stolen the Iphone 4. Now I give it to a friend of mine so she can activate it for her son. When she tried to activate, Verizon told her that the phone was blocked because it has been reported lost/stolen.

• I called my cousin on 12/10/2014 to let him know the problem. He called Verizon to clarify the matter the he called me back that it is just the error from Verizon and someone from Verizon will call me or my riend to activate the Iphone.
  • I received the phone call from Verizon (the number is 800--922-0204), the lady name Latoyia (removed) told me that she want to contact my friend to help her to activate the phone. I asked her phone number so my frien can call her back but she told me just email her. Her email address is (removed)  When I come to work, both me and my friend email her but no reply from her.
  • Next day 12/10/2014, at 6:45 AM PST, Latoyia called me (I could not pick up my phone because I was driving), she left me the message with the same information asking my friend to email her so she can assist my friend to activate the phone (sorry I do not know how to upload her voice message here).
  • We keep waiting but no respond from her after we send another email to her.
  • My friend then called Verizon to see that she can activate the phone, customer service told her the same thing that the phone is on block list. We told her the story and let her listen to the message from Latoyia, Customer service asked us to have my cousin on the phone, verified the account owner, PIN and she said that she will clear it out the problem and call my friend back.
  • We are waiting but no one call us back from Verizon,then we called Verizon again, they transfer the call to Tampa call center (we are in California) we talked to the guy there named Sam, employee number (removed). He told us that the phone has been replaced by the insurance company and we should return the phone to Insurance company (???). My cousin who is the previous owner of the phone never had insurance for the phone, how can it replaced by insurance. I asked my cousin to call Verizon to clarify that he never bought insurance, never reported it lost. Now the Verizon put him to three way calling and told him that the phone does not belong to Verizon and it is not on Verizon database. Nothing else they can do

It is ridiculous and we are so (removed) off with the way Verizon running business.  Anyone over here can help us. The MEID number for this phone is (removed)

Thanks

>> Edited to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: cannot activate a Verizon Iphone because it was reported lost/stolen wrongly by Verizon
porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I cannot resolve the problem with them, you think that I should take them to small claim court?

0 Likes
Re: cannot activate a Verizon Iphone because it was reported lost/stolen wrongly by Verizon
Not applicable

Take them (Verizon) to small claims court for what?

If the emeid is not in the database its not a Verizon branded device.

That is your problem not theirs.

If the device is listed on the lost or stolen list that is between your relative and Verizon if they were a customer of Verizon.

It has nothing to do with you. Let the relative get it cleared up.

If your relative had a warranty issue and received another device and decided not to send the iPhone 4 back, it would be listed as lost or stolen in which case again that is your relatives issue and not yours.

Go purchase your own device.

Good Luck

porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the reply.

First of all, the phone has never been replaced by insurance or warranty nor repotted lost or stolen

Verizon admitted that it is their errors by Latoyia....from Verizon and she told us that she cleared it and helped us to activate based on the voice message she left to us

Suddenly the phone disappeared from Verizon database and Verzion could not do anything about it (sic)

If I could not solve the problem. I will take them to the small claims court to see how they respond to the judge about their lie, malice toward us  (blaming us using or keeping stolen phone...without a single proof).

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah I want to head the results of your case. I know how it will end. And all of this over a iPhone 4 which is 3G device. Get something newer anyway.

porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone is for the 12 years old kid for emergency use. Tell me how it will end? Are you a fortune teller and you can predict the outcome of the small court case. The problem here is the principal, you cannot make an allegation to people that they lie or possess the stolen property while you are the one who is doing it. Any way I have never used Verizon services and I do not give a **** about them (now I surely know that I am right about their lousy services)

0 Likes
sluggyk
Enthusiast - Level 1

<< Comment removed as inappropriate as per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  >>

0 Likes
Not applicable

You can get them a flip phone for emergency use. You have no case. That's how it will end. Small claims you recovered damages. How much did the phone cost you? Um.... ZERO.

porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let say you give me a car (for free). Someone damages my car, because I get it free from you, let say I must take him/her to the court I get nothing from the case because it cost me nothing.

<< Personal comments removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  >>

0 Likes
porto35
Enthusiast - Level 1

<< Comment removed as inappropriate as per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service  >>

0 Likes