can verizon block texts from a website?
kimphone

I run a group of massage therapists and we receive texts from a website when appointments get booked.  Last week all verizon accounts stopped receiving those texts.  We have tested the website and it is sending,  but 5 verizon customers are not receiving.  The webmaster told me to ask is verizon is blocking those texts from the website?  Can you give me assistance?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: can verizon block texts from a website?
rcschnoor
Legend

Possibly someone receiving texts from this website had forwarded one(or more) of the texts to "spam"(7726) because they no longer wanted these texts or weren't aware of why they were receiving them.

If enough people report the texts in this manner, it may have been blocked. Not sure what you can do to undo it OR if it is the reason why people stopped receiving them.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Individual customers can block all text messages from the Web through their MyVerizon account also, but shouldn't affect blocking at the company/system level.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kimphone,

Lets see if we can get those texts going again! We do have a free block to stop premium text messages, and this could be what is interfering with the messages. The block is something that has to be activated - it's not automatically turned on by default. The people would have to check their My Verizon account for the block.

Also, what is the destination address you are sending those texts to? It should be in the format of: 123-456-7890@vzwpix.com

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes