best option for internet access in rural area without cable service
JudithM_

I have an unlimited data plan and mobile hotspot instead of cable, which I cannot get here.

Any recommendations on device upgrades and alternative internet service?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: best option for internet access in rural area without cable service
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Although expensive, I would lean towards satellite based service with Verizon Wireless as a backup. If DSL is available that may be usable in a pinch, but, speeds might be slow as molasses trying to flow uphill.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how important it is to make sure you have internet service in your area. I see you mentioned you have a mobile Hotspot, those devices are not intended to replace your cable service. For most of the plans you do get a certain amount of mobile Hotspot data and once that's reached, the speeds will be reduced. Have you checked out our 5G service options? If not here is a link that will provide you with more information http://spr.ly/6586DCloK. I hope this helps.

Cheton_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hack_ATX
Enthusiast - Level 1

The option being asked about is for rural areas.  The 5g solution offered is certainly not available in rural areas.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Excellent point. Please keep in mind, however, that since this is a new service it is currently not available in all locations. You can see if it is available in your location by selecting Check Availability on the following link: http://spr.ly/66021yYf6  DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
tnhorse

Satellite doesn't work if you need a VPN connection for work.

0 Likes