basic phone month to month discount
gsatcvz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, the Verizon reps, in their enthusiasm to change me to the MORE everything plan, have been giving me conflicting information about the cost of the MORE everything plan.  I have one smartphone on contract, one basic phone on contract, and one basic phone on month-to-month.  Some reps tell me that I would get a $15 month-to-month discount on my "off contract" basic phone, while others tell me that the month-to-month discount only applies to "off contract" smartphones, but that my month-to-month basic phone qualifies for the basic phone discount.  I know the difference is only $5, but which is correct? Does a month-to-month basic phone get a $15 discount?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: basic phone month to month discount
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Basic phones are discounted to $20/line on More Everything.  They do not get the $15 or $25 off contract discount.  The $20/line basic phone discounted cost is available on or off contract.  I would certainly love to get another $5 or $15 off that cost for off contract, but I don't think I can, that discount is only on smartphone lies that are off contract.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Basic phones are discounted to $20/line on More Everything.  They do not get the $15 or $25 off contract discount.  The $20/line basic phone discounted cost is available on or off contract.  I would certainly love to get another $5 or $15 off that cost for off contract, but I don't think I can, that discount is only on smartphone lies that are off contract.

Weth
Legend

Agree. Basic phones are now $20 (down from $30) whether on or off contract.

Smartphones will be $40 on contract, $25 if less than 6 GB shared data, or $15 if 6GB or more shared data.

The only explanation is that Verizon really wants to push everyone to smartphones, even if they cost $5 less per month, Verizon makes up for it with higher data charges.