bait and switch to change carriers
DDDNIECE
Enthusiast - Level 2

In May I went online to check about switch carriers, I spoke with an online chat agent and after a lengthy discussion clarifying the rates, charges, discounts, phone cost etc decided to switch. I did have a copy of the chat sent to my email but it did me no good. I was promised things in that chat and by 2 other agents after that when trying to get what was promised but after waiting for the 2 to 3 billing cycles the amount was still $24 more than quoted. After contacting Verizon customer service again was told it was a miscommunication by the agent and they couldn't do anything but lower my plan to get the price and they couldn't find the chat I had even with the reference number. I feel lied to I wouldn't have switched at this time due to the fact it would have raised my bill but now I'm stuck with a higher bill, less GB's with nowhere to turn. What if anything can I do?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: bait and switch to change carriers
pherson
Champion - Level 1

You could switch to another carrier, lower your plan, or deal with it. You could write corporate to let them know. The customer agreement states that they aren't responsible for anything an employee said or wrote. Also they don't have the ability to custom make a plan.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

All pricing is clearly laid out on the website. All of the information given to you by a rep through chat or phone could easily be found on your own.

You have plenty of places to turn. One being the carrier you switched from. I am sure they would like to earn your business back. People don't typically switch TO Verizon to save money. They usually switch to have a better network experience.

0 Likes
DDDNIECE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the response, I did send a letter to corporate today and will wait for their response. Thanks again

DDDNIECE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for answering, I did check it out on the website and re-asked the agent the questions, we do receive a discount in which it would have given us both better service and lower price. However, the price we are charged is what it was said before any discount so go figure on that one. Thanks for options you mention.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If this discount is from your employer you can visit www.vzw.com/discount and add it through there. If you don't have an email to add it online, you can take a recent pay stub to a corporate store and they can add it. If you have to go to the store then it will take about 3 billing cycles. If you do it online it should show immediately.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how upsetting it is to see a different price than expected originally, DDDNIECE. I appreciate you making the switch to Verizon and want to get things back on the right track to continue as your provider for many years to come. The website sprmankalel recommended is a great place to start if there's an employee discount missing, but I'd like to make sure we find out what happened with your pricing concern. I know you've already put in a lot of effort but I have sent you a Private Message here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to continue.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DDDNIECE
Enthusiast - Level 2

We were out of town on a family emergency and just got back to town to handle business so I am sorry for the late response. I did reply to your message , please feel free to call with other concerns, the email address that was sent to my private email came back unable to deliver

0 Likes