bad signal and bad customer service
kskeens0003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have have Verizon since 2010 and have never had an issue until Feb of 2013. First... my husband was deployed during this time for almost a year and I wanted to completely shut off his phone. Instead Verizon talked me into suspending it WITHOUT BILLING! mind you that extends your contact out and I had no idea. Then when I figured that out I call again to have it shutoff and they said it will be 350.00 in early termination fees. Wait? What! My husband is deployed fighting a war and doesn't use the phone. Who has that kind of money! They pretty much told me I could put it on a basic plan and still be charged or pay the fee and that was it.  Um no the point of having it shutoff is to not be charged for it. He gets back from deployment and agrees to just stay with Verizon since we are pretty much stuck with them. I call to see if I can get him another phone and nope can't do that! He's not eligible for edge or an upgrade. Why?  Bc Verizon talked me into suspending without billing months before that.  We bought an iphone from a private seller. It was clearly a Verizon phone, said Verizon at startup and at the top. I called customer service and tech support at least 15 times in one week to get this phone added to one of my lines and no one could give me a clear answer on why they couldn't. I would always get the response "I'll call you back in 24 to 48 hours" and no one ever called.  Great customer service right! My next problem is I had Family Base to limit my brother from using so much data. It worked for awhile and then just out of the blue stopped letting him make calls a feature I never blocked him from doing. Just the data. I then moved to a location I didn't have service and still don't.  I literally have to walk around to get one 3g bar to try to make a call. They were going to offer a signal booster but then said that it probably wouldn't work bc the area I'm in. I then asked to have my service shut off again bc what's the point of paying for something that you have to walk around with to try to catch signal to use. Nope said I would have to pay all 4 lines ETF and the edge agreements. Are you kidding me! So I pay over 300 a month for service I can't use? As soon as my contract/edge is up with each phone I'm saying good bye to Verizon for good and going to AT&T.  I may even do it this tax season and swallow the loss of never having a bill late and being a loyal customer to Verizon. I'm apparently am not the only one having problems a few people I have spoken to have had the same problem. I just want all my lines cutoff so I can go to a company I have service with.  Why should I pay for coverage you don't have in my area. That's not my fault. And if I had known that I would've never had went to the edge program bc it is a joke making customers think they are bit in contract bc they still are. It's worse then the old contract.  Like I said I'm switching to a company I have service with.  Bad customer service and bad signal!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: bad signal and bad customer service
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Family base won't work in a bad area. I'm sure you had to remove that. If you moved to an area with no service etfs are valid if it's marginal and you have Internet you can get the network extender.  Then someone took a shortcut on the properating military  suspend I know

0 Likes
kskeens0003
Enthusiast - Level 1

If it's valid shouldn't they cut my service off like I asked in the first place? I'm not trying to switch companies but this has all happened within less then a year and I'm not satisfied with the customer service anymore. I had proof of my husband's military orders from his command saying that we needed out of any contracts/leases. Verizon was the only company that wouldn't allow me to break ties. Which is  illegal according to legal on base. I knew I would not have signal in the area that I was moving to. I live so far out in the country that there are no Internet providers. I'm actually at a friends house trying to get through to Verizon that it's completely unfair I pay this much for something I can not use. What can I do?

0 Likes
socrates0502

my name is socrates urias i have Verizon for 5 years i never pay late,my wife travel to mexico last week an she use like $170 in text and minutes 5 days before my billing cycle finish the disconnect all my lines and say is over data and minutes,i pay that day $475 for my bill 4 days later the disconnect my 4 lines again today is 19 my bill cycle star on 21st

i pay another $170 my account is -184 now nobody tell me why the disconnect my services and they say my Verizon credit is damage and i can make any changes in 3 months because my lines was disconnected i hop somebody call me from this company and explain me why they do this to me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your service to be restored as soon as possible Socrates! Once service has been interrupted, only our Financial Services can restore. Please call our Financial Services team at 866-266-1445 at your convenience to have your service restored pronto.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
DD666

How the hell they gonna sell me a phone that dont work in my area. Im in a 4g area and phone goes to 1x service every night after dark

0 Likes