att vs. verizon and what are the termination charges for switching
asheldon6

What are the early termination fees?  I have a total of 5 lines 2 are out of contract 3 will be out of contract june 2015.  AT&T has offered me unlimited txt talk and 30 gb of shared data as well as 5 new iphone 6's for a grand total of $205 a month!!! plyus tax of course and that price is locked in no contract either.  i may have to switch carriers my bill now is almost 300 a month with only 2 iphones and 3 basic phones.  just dont know what those termination fees would be.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: att vs. verizon and what are the termination charges for switching
Not applicable

asheldon6 wrote:

What are the early termination fees?  I have a total of 5 lines 2 are out of contract 3 will be out of contract june 2015.  AT&T has offered me unlimited txt talk and 30 gb of shared data as well as 5 new iphone 6's for a grand total of $205 a month!!! plyus tax of course and that price is locked in no contract either.  i may have to switch carriers my bill now is almost 300 a month with only 2 iphones and 3 basic phones.  just dont know what those termination fees would be.

Assuming the 3 line are smartphones the ETF would be $600 total. Basic phones would be $300.  An sorry you were lied to by at&t. That's price is not taking into account the cost of the phones.

30 GB $130

5 Line $15 each=$75

total $205

However you also have to pay for the phones. Assuming the cheapest iPhone 6 and assuming you chose the 24 month payment plan that's another $135 a month. So $340 total. And you'll have to pay the sales tax on those phones upfront or on your first bill. What the sales tax on $3250 in your area?

View solution in original post

Not applicable

asheldon6 wrote:

Assuming the 3 line are smartphones the ETF would be $600 total. Basic phones would be $300.  An sorry you were lied to by at&t. That's price is not taking into account the cost of the phones.

30 GB $130

5 Line $15 each=$75

total $205

However you also have to pay for the phones. Assuming the cheapest iPhone 6 and assuming you chose the 24 month payment plan that's another $135 a month. So $340 total. And you'll have to pay the sales tax on those phones upfront or on your first bill. What the sales tax on $3250 in your area?

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You may be able to lower the bill - 2 iPhones and 3 basic, on the More everything, will be $170 line access  ($40, $40, $30, $30, $30), but you said 3 lines are out of contract - if either of the two iPhones are the ones out of contract, you can cut $10 or $25 a month off the line access for each of those out of contract smartphones.

10 GB data for the two iPhones is a lot - but that's $100, so a total of $270, with taxes is close to $300.  But if either of the two iPhone lines is out of contract, you can cut $25 off because you are on the 10 GB plan.  4 GB is likely sufficient for the two iPhones - the two on our account use less than 3 combined in a month - so you could drop the data cost to $60 or $70 - with taxes getting your total to around $250.  You won't be any better off at AT&T - you'll need all new phones and that will be a major chunk of change, or an added monthly cost (the $15 per line access is based on having a "NEXT" phone, with the cost added to your bill, x 5 lines) and your plan cost will end up in the same ballpark as Verizon.

0 Likes