ZTE Axon7 and Verizon
Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was on the old Verizon unlimited plan with a Samsung Galaxy S5 when i bought the Axon 7. To switch devices i just took the sim out of the S5 and put it in the Axon and everything worked. That was 6 months ago. Today i switched to Verizon's new unlimited plan and they can't activate this phone. I've been on the phone with their tech support all afternoon and they can't do it.Has anybody gone through something like this? Please give me some advice if you have. Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ZTE Axon7 and Verizon
Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the fast reply. What happened was that they turned the sim card off to switch plans and the sim has to be attached to a phone and they couldn't get their system to do that because it's not an approved device. 4 different people yesterday in 2 depts couldn't do it. So i called today to delete my account with them and this person knew something the other 4 didn't. She attached the sim to a previous phone i had, the S5 and wahla sim card activated. Also yesterday one of them said they're going to submit some form to another dept with my device imei and iccid numbers and that they can force their system to approve my device. I don't know what that was about.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Since that device isn't certified to be used on USA CDMA networks the direct activation procedures wouldn't work, but if you put the SIM in another active approved device for your number again and then move it to your ZTE phone it should restore the functionality as it was before

Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the fast reply. What happened was that they turned the sim card off to switch plans and the sim has to be attached to a phone and they couldn't get their system to do that because it's not an approved device. 4 different people yesterday in 2 depts couldn't do it. So i called today to delete my account with them and this person knew something the other 4 didn't. She attached the sim to a previous phone i had, the S5 and wahla sim card activated. Also yesterday one of them said they're going to submit some form to another dept with my device imei and iccid numbers and that they can force their system to approve my device. I don't know what that was about.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to use your phone and have the service needed for your device. Did you confirm if the device was approved to be added to the account? With you having the device now activated are you able to use the phone normally?

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Nuwan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes the 5th person that helped me on day 2 with this knew how to do it where the others didn't. So this question is resolved and closed. Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are very welcome. We are glad the issue was resolved. Should any other concerns arise, this community forum is open to any questions at all times. Thank you for being a part of Verizon Wireless and have a wonderful day.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!   

0 Likes