Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable
Usmc9558

Note 9 - had no issue

Upgraded to note 10 plus+ 5g- wife or anyone calls my phone they get "Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable" 

Dialed *86 no voicemails to clear or delete, voicemail box is fine

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

USmc9558, we want you to have the ability to make and receive calls on your phone. To see that you are having issues is concerning. Let's work together to see what is going on. First, we'll have you attempt to dial *73. Then have someone place a call to you and let us know the outcome. 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable
asinnott
Enthusiast - Level 2

can call out and receive calls, call forwarding not on--just can't dial *86

jav6
Champion - Level 3

@asinnott So your issue is not the issue the OP @Usmc9558  has when the thread was opened.  You should be creating a NEW thread instead of hijacking an existing thread.  When their issue is marked ANSWERED or yours is marked ANSWERED the other issue may no longer be followed up on.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
asinnott
Enthusiast - Level 2

get this messages when dialing *86   all othere calls work inbound and outbound

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Thanks for the clarification.  It still isn't the same issue the OP created this thread for (callers to the OP number getting the message).

What make/model phone is failing the *86 call?  What if you dial your own phone number?  It should take you to the same voice mail prompt.

0 Likes
asinnott
Enthusiast - Level 2

same message if I dial my pwn number.

phone is a Kyocera flip phone  E4610

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you ever been able to use voice mail?  Can you dial other 'star' or 'hash' codes, e.g. #data for data usage or *72 for call forwarding?

0 Likes
JOSSIT38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now I can't get into my voicemail.  I only hear the message, "Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable" when I dial *86 to open the Voicemail.

I'm getting so tired of problems with Verizon.  Years ago they used to be the best wireless phone service provider but over the past 3 to 4 years they've gradually gone very far down hill.   For the past 3 or 4 years I am very lucky if I can get one or two bars of signal strength when my phone is indoors.   I keep getting messages from Verizon suggesting that I use Web Telephone service for better quality.   But I'm already paying for wireless service from Verizon.  They want me to use a service that I pay another company for or else I won't get any telephone at all?   Verizon needs to lose customers so they can grow ears and hear these complaints.  Not just hear but correct the low power and now, the voicemail.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes