Re: You Can't Always Believe What Verizon Tells You!
tloewenberg

Elector, I agree with your answer and suspected it myself.  The last customer service rep that I spoke actually sent a memo to the business/billing side of Verizon Wireless.  Within hours I received a terse two line answer from billing explaining how my discount would have been applied.  I replied to that email with a similar posting as the beginning of this thread but will be quite surprised if I hear back.  I asked the customer service rep who sent the memo if there was a number or if I could be transferred to the billing group to personally discuss the issue.  She said the interoffice memo was the preferred method and left it at that.  I didn't push the issue.  I have probably spent more time communicating this issue that the actual monetary value, but it's one of those 'principle of the thing' issues.  Heck, the actual Veteran's discount is not a deal maker/breaker, by any means!  As previously mentioned, to keep the pot stirring I have filed a complaint with the BBB.  I'll give it a couple days then my intention is put together a composite letter and fire it off to the Verizon CEO.  I'm more annoyed than anything else, but I know with certainty there are some people that have really taken a hit.

0 Likes
tloewenberg

I spoke to a Verizon Wireless corporate representative this morning.  Satisfactory resolution not withstanding, the clear takeaway regarding corporate or sponsored discounts is that a Verizon Wireless customer service or sales person cannot with certainty tell how the discount 'will' be applied.  Only the sponsoring entity can do that.  After the discount is in effect can a Verizon representative tell you how the discount was applied.  I think 90% of people's issues would be minimized if the sales entity would just state that. At that point, the customer could make a fully informed decision rather than an assumed one.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

So tell your company to fess up

0 Likes