Worst in customer service
Castrohenry29

The past couple days Verizon has made me see they dont care about their customers. Friday went i buy my wife a new phone. First they told me they don't have a trade in program, the the phone she wanted they had it priced at $149. I told them Best Buy has that same phone priced at $49, and asked if they would be willing to match it. They said no and I needs to go to best buy if I want it for that price. I drove the 50 miles to best buy. If Verizon would rather their competitor get my business, because they don't want to price match.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Worst in customer service
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Best Buy is a third party retailer for Verizon Wireless. Third party retailers often have additional terms and conditions on top of the agreement you sign with Verizon Wireless for your service and contract. This is why Verizon Wireless doesn't price match their third party retailers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Worst in customer service
rcschnoor
Legend

Best Buy is not a competitor to Verizon, but a partner. Verizon pays Best Buy a fee for each phone they sell. Occasionally, Best Buy will offer incentives IN ADDITION to what Verizon gives them because they feel it is a benefit to get you into their store. They feel the chance you will purchase additional items is worth the additional incentive they add to the price of the phone.

Personally, I would not think the 100 mile round trip would not be worth the extra discount and would simply make the purchase at Verizon. Others obviously think differently, though.