Wireless home phone connect problem
arroyograndegranny

Have had this unit for several months but we have noticed ( especially since the holidays ) that when our family relatives or friends call using a IPhone, our phone conversations only last about 5 minutes and then the signal is dropped. Total silence without warning tones, beeps, or any indication that the connection has been terminated. YET, it appears that any other type of cell phone call works well without the above problem. Question is : is it something  with Apple vs Verizon, something with the IPhones, or something with my Home Connect unit ?? Very frustrating and embarrassing talking to yourself - lol. Can anyone offer a hint or a solution? Thanks !!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless home phone connect problem
arroyograndegranny

Okay...40 plus views by the community and no suggestions - guess that means a trip to the Verizon store. Please feel free to post an answer though if you have one...Thanks!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No answers here - we don't use the Home Connect so I'm only guessing and trying to narrow down possibilities.  You said iPhones only... from one location?  Are the incoming calls all originating from the same location>|?  Is it just incoming calls or does this happen if YOU call someone with an iPhone?

Silly question, maybe, but do you, or your callers, tend to walk around when talking on the phone?  Or do you sit in one place?  I've found that I tend to "wander" around the house on longer conversations, and sometimes lose the connection, or it gets "choppy".  If I sit still in one spot, I stay connected.

I don't have any solutions for you, I was hoping someone who has the same system as you would chime in....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi arroyograndegranny!

I am sorry to learn about the call quality issues you were having with your Home Phone Connect. I personally do have one and I was not experiencing the issues you were stating. I would like to look into this further. Now, was this with just that one friend? Did it happen to anyone else? Was it maybe with another carrier? Did you get anything out of visiting a store? Let's see what is going on further.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes