Re: Wireless Priority Service for First Responder
Devo1026
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've talked to a dozen different people at Verizon both on the phone and face to face about this and got a different answer every time.  Some people didn't even know what I was talking about.

I filled out a form online on the Verizon website requesting the priority service that involved some hoops to jump through such as identifying and confirming the POC (Point of contact) and my agency.  I never heard back from anyone and never noticed any improvement in service during congested times or locations so I finally just gave up.  Seems to be a joke.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. Having the proper information is important, and we are here to provide it. MBP provides priority network access to our leading 4G LTE data network. Can you please clarify when this form was submitted? Also, is data the only thing you are having issues with? AlbertP_VZW

0 Likes
Devo1026
Enthusiast - Level 1

Form was submitted 09/06/2019

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, Devo1026. Let's continue to dig into this. What is your current plan? What's happening when using data? Please complete a speed test at speedtest.net and share your results. 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2
There seems to be a lot of confusion here on how WPS/MBP works. It puts you in line for the next available channel, it does not kick anyone off in order for a first responder to use it. It increases the chances of a call to complete during congestion, it does not make any guarantees. It is not meant for constant use, it is meant for emergency situations and can require Homeland Security to declare a crisis or emergency before you are able to use it. WPS is managed by Homeland Security and they offer a plethora of information on how to apply for it and how it works. Verizon is one of many carriers that participates but they do not manage the system or your approval. I would recommend going to the Department of Homeland Securities website to further investigate the options available to you.
hounddog_57

Regardless of how it’s currently set up, it’s a sham if a first responder has to wait for some government body to make some declaration.  Any first responder (the very nature of why it’s called “First” responder ) has the potential need for ‘immediate’ priority !!    No waiting !!   I totally understand the technical limitations of being out of antenna range or other similar things, but not having immediately priority as technically feasible when it’s needed -seconds could be critical in a spontaneous situation .....anything less is a sham. 

0 Likes
mervin0587
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon numerous times expressing concerns that the priority features being added to my line have made no difference in the way my phone performs while on a saturated network.  They always want me to perform a speed test and send to them, but I'm usually already off the saturated network so their excuse was always to contact them during the moment I've experiencing an issue.  So, I have three times contacted them during having an issues.  They put in a service ticket every time and 24-hours later they come back and say it was due to being in a poor service area.  I had 3 and 4 bars of service all three times (4 bars is the max on my iphone).  Still no solution and they act as if they don't even care.  They ask me to do the same things over and over and over.....turn my phone off and back on.  Remove the SIM card and replace it.  Reset network settings.  Just a bunch of runaround.  I'd like to switch to FirstNet but AT&T FirstNet just don't offer the same coverage in the rural areas as Verizon despite their recent addition of towers with the new government contract.

0 Likes