Winegard Connect 2.0 WF-435
RREYNOLDS51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having trouble getting my Winegard Connect 2.0  WF-435 working as a hot spot with Verizon. Does anyone here have one and how did you get it to work? I can't get it to connect to my data plan. We spent most of yesterday trying to work it out with Verizon with no luck. I know of several people who have it working..what's the secret????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Winegard Connect 2.0 WF-435
johntr_vzw
Verizon Employee

RREYNOLDS51, I can see why you reached out for help. I'd be happy to help go over the Winegard Connect, and explain why you were having trouble activating that device.

I did some research and found the Winegard Connect device isn't an approved device that can be used with the VZW network. What this means is the reason we couldn't activate it is the device won't function with a VZW SIM. We do have similar devices to the Winegard Connect, mobile hotspot generators known as Jetpacks or our 4G LTE Routers which can provide voice and internet service. You can find out more about them here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/internet-devices/

Searching, I found Winegard's website, and from I learned, they have data plans for their devices you would purchase through them. Information about their plans and devices can be found here: https://www.winegard.com/connect

I hope that's helped clarify why you were having trouble activating the device. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

JohnTr_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question, please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Winegard Connect 2.0  WF-435
RREYNOLDS51
Enthusiast - Level 2

Congratulations! Your device works on the Verizon Wireless network.

Awesome, your WINEGARD - WF2-435 is a perfect match for our network.

RREYNOLDS51
Enthusiast - Level 2

For those having an issue contact Winegard. There is an issue with the latest software and they haven't come out with a patch yet but will send you a file that will work until they fix the latest software. But it does work very well once you get things set up.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Survtech1

johntr_vzw,

I don't understand. Winegard claims the ConnecT 2.0 is compatible with Verizon. 

Approved Providers

• AT&T
  • Verizon

http://www.winegard.com/connect/rv

0 Likes
Ajbent

Any ideas if they have fixed the software issue?

0 Likes
williamhill17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problem and had updated the Winegard system software and modem firmware to the latest versions. From this, I was able to connect to Verizon, however, I have been experiencing disconnects from the Verizon network and getting "Denied Access" on the Winegard. After spending 8 hours of phone calls into tier 2 network support at Verizon, it appears that the Winegard device is not being fully activated on the Verizon network - it shows a "pending create" state to Verizon when the Winegard is showing "Connected"  on my end. This issue results in daily disconnects and inconsistent connectivity  I have power cycled the Winegard device countless times. Verizon states they have no support details on the Winegard device so cannot diagnose the problem - they simply cannot see it connecting to the network and therefore we have to raise a ticket with Winegard directly.

So, I think Winegard stating that this device supports the Verizon network is way over stated.
I will continue to pursue this and see if I can get a call back from Winegard support to resolve the issue with a patch or the like. 

Roger15

Good luck with that. Winegard told me it was Verizon's problem. I spent an hour at Verizon to get them to activate a sim card but they said the IMEI wasn't any good. So updating Winegard software will have no bearing on activation.

0 Likes
Roger15

Of course my Winegard Connect WF@-435 doesn't work with Verizon though Winegard says it should. Verizon won't activate a sim card given the IMEI. Verizon is te company from the dark side.

0 Likes
williamhill17
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can confirm that I did manage to get the Winegard working on Verizon, albeit with countless hours on 2nd lien and 3rd line support and making a trip to a Verizon store to get a replacement SIM !

My setup was 3 phones which I ported over from AT&T plus one data sim for the Winegard.
Unfortunately when the service was first activated, the phones went smoothly but the data sim was activated as a Verizon Jetpack in their system as Winegard wasnt available as a compatible device.
It was semi active in that I managed to get service intermitently but each night it would be blocked and resulted in me calling Verizon - like 15 times over the course of 3 weeks.

The process was as follows:

1. updated the latest system software and modem firmware on the Winegard to enable the "change provider" action to take place.

2.. Winegard had not been setup in Verizons product catalogue / database. I managed to find a 2nd line team to fill in a new product form and submit this to have the Winegard WF-435 added ( c.4 weeks ago now).

2. the orignal Verizon SIM that I had in the WInegard was caught in an incomplete activation state as the Verizon systems did not recognise it. Each night, a sweeping process takes place to block things on the network which dont look right - and my sim was being blocked or reset. The only expedient way to break the cycle was to go to a Verizon retail store and pickup a new SIM, switch it out int he Winegard and provide the new sim ID and the WF-435 IMEI to Verizon again to have it re-activated.  

These steps enabled a complete activation cycle on the Verizon network and we havnt had any nightly resets/ or blocking. The tech support verified that it was activated completely. It stills shows up as a Jetpack in My Verizon app but then under that label Winegard WF435 is shown. 

I hope that helps as I know how frustrating and time consuming this can be.

best of luck

W