Re: Winegard Connect 2.0 WF-435
Rafter15
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you saying that the Verizon sim card does not work in the Weingard Connect 2.0 -- despite the fact that Weingard says it does?

I wanted to get a sim card to install in my weingard, but now I'm hearing two different stories.

Thanks

Eric Grimm

0 Likes
Rafter15
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is a joke. When I spent about three hours today between robots and people, I discovered that Verizon indeed does support this, but after everything I had to go through I found they only support it with a separate, added Verizon  line. In my situation, because I'm on a "program," that won't let me add a line, I would have to abandon my program and get a new one from Verizon, at probably double the cost. It's a rip-off and more about marketing than about providing customer service.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of being informed about the possibility of activating your device with our network, and we are here to help. Please tell us, what happens when you try inserting a Verizon Wireless SIM Card on this specific device?
Also, you will be able to check your device's compatibility with the Verizon Wireless network through the following link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/onedp/byod#/

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
fuVerizon2

This is simply not true.  I have this exact model on my RV and it works and has worked for about 3 years.  Advice to the OP, return the thing, stay away from it.  I have had to get a new sim card from Verizon about 4 times, at a cost of $15 becuase.  I would get an error message from the winegard saying sim not found.  My friend bought one recently and Verizon told her the exact same thing the employee told you.  She returned hers.  Guess what, a few days later my sim card died again, I went to the store and they gave me a new sim card for the unit ands activated it!  I am not sure how Verizon cannot even keep their story straight between the company.  They don't support the product yet many people have them and use Verizon, so they actually do support them its just some employees say they don't becuase they are unfamiliar with the product I guess, I have no idea?  Good Luck!

0 Likes
Frazier5421
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know this bus an old topic, but I just spent 5 hours talking to six different people between tech, customer service and sales.   All told me something different.   The good news is the sum fired up and connected perfectly.  And worked for a while.   The bad news was our senior plan would not allow us to add the SIM card.   So we lose the senior plan or lose the sim.   We lost the sim.   mess Verizon and their stupid rules.  I sent a letter to Romney Dunne.   We’ll see.  We were told by several people that we could add the sim for 10$ a month and not lose our plans, but the supervisor said not true.... we were told they could grandfather the SIM card into our plans, also not true.   Lots of lies and misinformation....very sad .   We love Verizon but not this!!!

0 Likes
ascotinmpls

I'm curious if anybody has had success with this in the past year or so. It's been a year since I spent way too many hours on the phone with Verizon as they fumbled their way from person to person giving me a different story with each person and ultimately me giving up due to Verizon's lack of knowledge.  I figured now that we are able to get out camping again after lockdowns that I'd give this another go before moving 4 lines to AT&T after almost 20 years as a Verizon customer.

Has anybody been able to activate Winegard Connect to an unlimited plan such as Beyond or Go Unlimited etc?

0 Likes
Re: &T
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ascotinmpls. We are sorry to read that you have spent so much time with looking into getting this device activated on your Verizon Wireless account. We want to help with this process so that you can be connected while on the go now that we're able to be out and about. What is the model of Wineguard that you have? 

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: &T
ascotinmpls

Winegard Connect 2.0 4G2 (WF2-435)

0 Likes
williamhill17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Eric, let me jump in here.

I too spent copious amount of time on many many calls with Verizon and Winegard.
The net result was, yes, the Winegard product does support a Verizon SIM however it needs to be activated correctly with a data plan only with the correct product type in the VZ systems..

I had mine working albeit it was inconsistent with network service - it registered on the Verizon network but it was setup incorrectly on the VZ network system and kept disconnecting from the network when VZ back end systems do a sweep for unrecognized or suspicious devices on their network. In the end, after speaking to VZ product to get a Winegard setup on their billing system, and VZ 3rd line support couldn't reconfigure the original SIM so I needed to go to a VZ store and get a new VZ SIM, re-associate the new SIM with the Winegard and have it re provisioned from scratch.  

My setup is now 3 phones with unlimited data plus one data plan SIM ( winegard) with a 15gb or 22 gb cap ( they say its unlimited but you get knocked down to 600kb once you get to the cap. OK for email but not for streaming netflix. We ended up using our hotspot data on our phones with the Winegard  and swapping between our 3 phones to use up our unlimited plans by the end of the billing cycle then go back over to the data plan SIM. 

Hope that helps.

best,

William 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes