Will signal strength be improved in Upland CA?
craigsoutside

Specifically the San Antonio Heights area of Upland. I've known that the signal strength has been sketchy in the area, but now that I've moved to the area it's terrible. My signal is consistently 3-4 bars but only at 1x. I haven't checked actual signal under "about phone" but will tonight. Dropped calls, phone messages that appear hours after being left by a caller that I never knew called me. 5+ minutes to get results from a search. This is terrible. I've noticed on other signal reporting sites today, that this has been a problem for years and has gone unresolved by Verizon or any other carrier. It's enough to stop using a mobile phone altogether.

I've stopped using FIOS service due the increasing costs of service and went to a competitor for cheaper and faster home internet. My wireless contract is up in January and I'm ready to leave Verizon altogether if this problem with a consistently acceptable signal can't be fixed. Top it off with the knowledge that my grandfathered unlimited data will be taken away as well. Frustrations abound with Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will signal strength be improved in Upland CA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you craigsoutside!

I absolutely understand how important it is to have service where you need it most. We definitely don't want you to miss any important communications while you're in this area and I certainly don't want to see you leave the VZW family!

I wanted to do a deep dive in to your concern and I do see that this area does have some concerns as mentioned. Our network team is fully aware of it and we constantly are investing in to our network to make it the most reliable. Unfortunately it does take time to upgrade services and there could possibly be other local restrictions, though I would be unable to view this information.

The great news is we definitely do have a solution for you! We have an awesome accessory that acts like a mini tower in your own home. It works off of high speed cable or dsl access and transmits voice and 3G data signal within your home. It's called a Network Extender and you can view more details about it here: http://vz.to/1b3bWa7 Please check it out!

Additionally, I do want to ensure we try all possible options. What model device do you have? How far do you travel before you notice service improves?

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
craigsoutside

I have the HTC Incredible 2, which has performed flawlessly until recently.  A new battery and most is well again.

I took a walk last night ended up about a mile or less from the house and still no improvement. Saw what looked like a cell tower at a local park and still only had 2 bars of 1x while standing right next to it. It takes more than a couple of miles until I can get consistent 3G. Phone conversations are difficult to maintain due to lack of clarity and static during calls.

0 Likes
craigsoutside

Oh, and I've heard about those extenders. I already pay plenty of money for service and have been a good customer for many years now. I'm not going to lay out another 250$ plus tax to get what I should already be  getting in my neighborhood. If I lived in the mountains or the middle of the desert, I could see making the purchase, but not in the Los Angeles metropolitan area.

0 Likes
craigsoutside

I see from the lack of additional responses to my post and replies to the Verizon representative's questions that no further effort will be made to retain me as a customer. Sad to see that the only solution to neighborhood connectivity problems is to sell your customers additional products. I've paid thousands of dollars to Verizon over many years for what had been decent service. Of course, that does not mean that I've had good "customer service."  I'm now going to take my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

craigsoutside, we never stop working for you. It's our goal to provide you with the best options that are available to you at this time. Did you have a chance to review the beneifts of having a network extender in your residence? Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your HTC device from Google's play market? Some application software can affect the performance of your device. Try uninstalling a few applications in Settings and power it off/on. http://bit.ly/y5iuoj Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
craigsoutside

Your response has absolutely nothing to do with my problem or previous replies.

I've been a customer for more than eight years. I'm not going to pay what amounts to be a ransom of over $250 to get the service I'm already paying for. I live in an urban area that your maps indicate that I should be getting 3G service. I don't get that anywhere near my house. As it is, I have no choice other than using wifi while at home to receive email on my phone. This does nothing to improve the quality or ability to make phone calls or texts. My monthly is over $80. I should get service at, in, outside and around my home and neighborhood in urban Southern California.

Furthermore, my signal reception has nothing to do with apps downloaded to my phone. I have never in my life heard of a program interfering with signal reception. Did some program activate some sort of force field to block signal reception? Why does the force field not block the signal when I am in other areas?

Thanks for not actually addressing the problem and discouraging a loyal customer to stay on. Standard business practice does not tell you that making loyal customers pay more for a service they already pay and should be receiving for is good for business and retaining customer base.

Poor quality customer care.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

craigsoutside, we want to make this right for you. In order to diagnose the issue that you're experience, we have to ask various questions in order to resolve this matter. Did speak with our technical support team to submit a trouble ticket? A trouble ticket is uplifted to our network team to evaulate your service area.

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes