Re: new Verizon Plan - Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

International call charges can be quite a shock, MARIEJOSEEPAQUET. Our community members are providing some great assistance. We just want to clarify this a bit further. Are you being charged international long distance on your bill, or is your friend being charged on their bill?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: new Verizon Plan - Canada
Weth
Legend

MARIEJOSEEPAQUET wrote:

Thanks all for the feedback, I will call Verizon as suggested to clarify. For this audience I did ask the question direct before signing up. "Will it be long distance for local Canadians calling me given I have a US number. The answer was clear - No as I am on the international plan and in Canada it will be a local call for them as they have a reciprocal agreement to recognize us as local when in Canada. I did not question as to the how, but will ask the same question again. This plan is only half good in that case.

there was no grey and the person actually understood the question, but alas all is not what is seems!!!

There really is nothing to clarify. A Canadian calling your number when you are in Canada is an international long distance call. The Canadian will need a US long distance calling plan in order not to get long distance charges.

0 Likes