Will I be charged to receive text if I don't activate my calling plan for Canada?
PC27

If I don't activate Canada calling plan, will I be charged to receive a text message in Canada? If I keep the phone turned on, will I receive text/calls even when i don't have a canada/global plan?

I want to use the phone to check my emails when on a wifi and use the camera to take cool pics while travelling. Smiley Happy.

I plan to fwd the calls to my other phone which has canada plan. Will I be charged to call customer service *611 from Canada from this other phone?

Please advice.

Thanks

PC

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text charges when travelling to canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello PC27,

I'm glad to see that you are traveling to Canada! It's one of my favorite countries to visit. I know that keeping in contact is super important while traveling so I would suggest visiting our global support page for a reference of all of the services and its cost. Here's a link for your review, http://vz.to/1pDgI2c. If you keep the phone on the text and picture messages will come in. Elector gave a great suggestion, turning off cellular data. This way, you won't incur any additional data charges and have still have the option to use wifi. If you have any additional questions then we are here to help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you turn off Cellular data roaming you don't have to worry about internet.

I have received calls and text messages while in Montreal and Toronto and I don't think I have ever seen any charge for the calls we make or text we send, and we use the hotels WiFi mostly.

call *611 or 1-800-922-0204 and make sure before you go.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello PC27,

I'm glad to see that you are traveling to Canada! It's one of my favorite countries to visit. I know that keeping in contact is super important while traveling so I would suggest visiting our global support page for a reference of all of the services and its cost. Here's a link for your review, http://vz.to/1pDgI2c. If you keep the phone on the text and picture messages will come in. Elector gave a great suggestion, turning off cellular data. This way, you won't incur any additional data charges and have still have the option to use wifi. If you have any additional questions then we are here to help.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes