Wifi Calling not working for any Verizon users on current site. AT&T users are working.
mdomingue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wifi Calling not working for any Verizon users on my current work site (offshore platform, no cell service). AT&T users are working.  Also only imessage is working for texts.  Web browsing, emails all work fine.

Is anyone else having similar problems, successfully contacting Verizon is difficult.  I am seriously considering switching carriers for the first time in probably a decade. 

Re: Wifi Calling not working for any Verizon users on current site. AT&T users are working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whoa! We would be sad if you left the family, Mdomingue. I would love to help. We want to make sure it is easy to get in contact with us. Is you ever need immediate assistance then please contact us. We do have different ways in reaching out to us. www.vzw.com/contactus  This is a community forum and it may take some time to respond. If you do not use WiFi Calling does your service work? May I have your nearest intersection and zip code? AmberF_VZW

Re: Wifi Calling not working for any Verizon users on current site. AT&T users are working.
mdomingue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on an offshore platform, no cell service at all, so I can't really say if any calling works but I assume so.   For the same reason the nearest zip/intersection is not a realistic thing since that is at least 100 miles away. There are at least 4 other people out here now with the exact same issue.  People with other carriers are working fine. 

I have been using WiFi calling service out here for some time now but have not been able to since yesterday.

mdomingue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also, as an FYI the link to the contact us page you gave me doesn't seem to work.  I did go to the contact us page earlier (and again after your post) and I cannot connect to the chat service on the contact us page.  I could try to schedule a call back but the nuber I would have to use is a business line and I don't want to tie that up at the moment.  I have tried rebooting the phone and toggling the airplane mode off and back on.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being out of contact while traveling internationally isn't ever ideal, mdomingue. Let's gather some additional details to determine what's going on with your service. What country are you in, and what city? When you look at your iPhone, what type of signal/number of bars do you see on your device?

LynnE_VZW

0 Likes
mdomingue
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on an offshore platform in the gulf of mexico in US waters off the coast of Louisiana.  No cell service whatsoever, only WiFi.  The signal shows max strength.  The area whee I can usually see the Verizon WiFi calling shows searching constantly.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Maybe type OFFSHORE PLATFORM in upper case to make it clear.

What is Internet service your WiFi is using?  Probably, satellite and maybe WiFi calling via Verizon isn't supported over satellite networks?  Tech Support jump in here?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
mdomingue
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is fiber run out to here, believe it or not.  This is my normal work location and WiFi calling has worked for the last few years out here.  This is a new problem and affecting all the Verizon customers out here that I have spoken with.  AT&T guys are working.  Got a couple of cspire guys out here and one is not working but I think that is something he is doing wrong.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Fiber? Nice.   What company is the provider?  If it worked previously then there may be an outage for the connectivity to the Verizon Wireless network.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
mdomingue
Enthusiast - Level 2

The fiber belongs to Shell but I'm on a Chevron facility.  I am not at all certain how the internet connectivity is accomplished for Chevron.  The Verizon connectivity may be an issue but if so it is a new issue and one of the guys out here having a problem is our IT guy.  He seems to think there has been no change that would have affected this but who knows.  One of the first things I ask about was the possibility of firewall changes.  He thinks that is not the problem,

0 Likes