Why would I NOT receive an offer of a free phone for initiating a 2-yr. contract, same store?
freehand42

I went into the exact, same store as my ex-husband did, (07/07/13) to start a new account and I needed a new phone.

Some how, I was charged for an LG Lucid ($130.00 plus taxes, etc.) and they didn't so much as SHOW ME ANY OF

THEIR "FREE PHONES".  When I got my first bill of $133.00, it all hit me like a ton of bricks.  Geeze, I would have thought

the salesperson would have given me the same decent services as my ex got earlier that day!!!

Where do I go to make a complaint concerning this issue?  Also, I asked about what offers they had and no mention of any

free phones was given.  How could your services and offers change so drastically within hours???

OOhh...someone help.

I feel as if I've been conned.

1UnhappyHat

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why would I NOT receive an offer of a free phone for initiating a 2-yr. contract, same store?
budone
Legend

I think I have this figured out, he purchased the same device online and picked it up at the store. Online the device is 99c, plus the activation fee if a new account, or an upgrade fee if an existing account.

Unless within 14 days of purchase, you may very well be stuck.

0 Likes
Re: Why would I NOT receive an offer of a free phone for initiating a 2-yr. contract, same store?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello and happy SUnday freehand42,

Budone makes an excellent point! But to make sure that we covered all of our bases, I want to partner with you and explore all options. May I ask did you rex-husband get the LG Lucid? Did he order online? If so then the post that budone gave is accurate. In an effort to promote online shopping, we typically run specials that can be utilized online at My Verizon. If you wish to explore additional options then please reply to this message.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
freehand42

Wow, I had problems finding this page and responding to your message....

I'm sorry to say, my ex did not order his new phone online.  He got it in the

store, same one I went into, only hours before I went in.

Also, I am in the COX cable area, and I was told by someone else that

Verizon has teamed up with them and maybe it would be beneficial

for me to find out more.

I'm assuming that "special" if it is one, is only for new customers to COX,

but I've had them for years.

Anything you can tell me as to why they didn't offer me the same things

as someone before me??

Thank You again,

smbadhat

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I guess I would first be interested if you actually looked around the store. If there were any "free phones" they would have been on display. They are not hidden and are not technically "offers", but just the price of the phone when signing up for a 2 yr contract. If you had looked around the store, you would have seen which phones were "free" with a 2 yr contract.

Looking at the online price, it does appear the LG Lucid is $0.99 with a 2 year contract, however I don't know if that was the price when you went in to the store on 7/7/2013. Did you get the phone only, or did you ALSO purchase any accessories in that $130 price tag you mentioned? Going online and viewing the available accessories, such as car charger($30), screen protectors($13), case($30), bluetooth/headphone device($15-$100), etc... I can see how you could end up paying $130 when going in to pick up a "free phone".

Don't forget there is also a $35 activation fee when you sign up for a new line of service. Even if Verizon said your activation fee would be waived, you would have been charged the fee and then credited on your bill within the 1st couple of months of service.

I would be interested in how that $130 price tag for the phone broke down, if it was ONLY the charge for the phone, or if it also included any accessories/activation fee.

Regardless, good luck getting this straightened out.

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

Were you actually charged $130 in store or was that on your first bill?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey freehand 42,

We would never do anything to mislead you and I absolutely want to investigate to see what happened.  You said that your ex was in the store hours before you and received a better deal.  What exactly was he offered in the store compared to the $133 that you paid? I absolutely want to make sure that we are operating with consistency.  Which store location was this?

Please provide additional details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes