Re: Why won't you fix your own mistake, Verizon Wireless?
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just find it hard to believe they can't correct it. They just want another 2 year contract.  Seriously thinking about just dumping them all together.  They're expensive anyway.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

takaol wrote:

do you guys all work for Verizon Wireless? 

No. Never have too.

This forum is primarily a peer to peer customer forum where customers can give suggestions and advice to other customers with their questions. The reps that roam this community wait for the community members to answer first which can be a delay of a couple of days. Then when they do reply, they are identified by their official username and avatar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
androiduser123
Contributor - Level 1

Here's the thing, you gave your daughter permission to go into the store to upgrade. Either it wasn't clear to her or she wasn't clear to them which line to use. So yes, in essense, you gave permissio to sign.

As for correcting it, they only way it could have been corrected is if you had returned her phone within 14 days, paid the $35 restocking fee, and placed the order again. That is the only way Verizon could have fixed it, because the agreement, the legal contract, was signed for your line, not hers. Legally it cannot be switched unless you had returned the device to begin with.

ldieter

So it's Verizon's fault because you didn't inquire further to what youe daughter was doing in store? She was not up for an upgrade otherwise they would have just used hers. I am unsure why you  believe this is a big deal as it will still be the same two year upgrade cycle expect you will just use each other's upgrade when upgrading. There is nothing to correct... You can transfer a contract and number to another account without a fee if she wants to move to her own account, not a problem at all.

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

They activated HER phone, not MINE. They knew what number they were activating and could see she was eligible.  I'm sure it was an honest mistake but you mean to tell me they can't fix it?  I don't buy it.  I guess i'll see what the BBB says as I filed a formal complaint.

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

and why should I be penalized in any way?  Pay a restocking fee for their mistake?  Come on, seriously?  I'm sure they can do better.

0 Likes
takaol
Enthusiast - Level 1

We were both (both her and I) were BOTH eligible for an upgrade.  I didn't need a new phone so I did not go with her.  She's an adult in grad school and is pretty smart and this isn't rocket science.  They upgraded her phone and number using my upgrade and not hers.  I called them right away after looking over the reciept (as in the SAME DAY).  They would not fix it. 

So now they want me to use hers, thereby extending hers for another two years after she should already be a year and a half into her eligibility.  See what I mean?  She won't be able to upgrade for another two years, putting her at 3 1/2 years. 

So yes, it's Verizon's fault. Yes, it's a problem.  Not really sure why nobody else sees this.  Am I not explaining it right?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There was a way to fix it. You and your daughter didn't choose to exercise that option within three days of the original purchase. Now 18 months later, there isn't much for your fellow customers to suggest to "fix" it.

You have been given your available options. Now it is up to you choose the best way for you and your family.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ldieter

Sigh, well you are certainly making it rocket science.... You use her upgrade now and then in four months she uses yours, poof look at that you both have new phones in the same period of time she doesn't half to wait 3 1/2 years. If you go back and look at the her expiration date, I can assure you that you were mistaken and you were the only line up for upgrade 18 months ago because otherwise they would have just used hers. I do find it interesting though that the detail, that you checked and called on the same day the phone was purchased came out this far into your post. Look, you can kick yourself for your oversight on the day your daughter upgraded but don't blame Verizon for it. And truly it is not that big of deal, relax.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Takaol,

Oh no! We would never want to see you go. We always want your account changes to be accurate. Did you receive any paperwork, letter, or email when you upgraded the line? Who accepted the terms and conditions for the upgrade? What number was listed on the terms and conditions? Keep me posted

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes