Why won't voicemail to text work?
DONWEG8

We enabled Premium Visual Voicemail on my son's Moto X Pure Edition phone tonight.  We specifically ordered the Premium version so that his voicemail messages would automatically be transcribed to text and then sent as text messages to his phone.  The Verizon Wireless Web site states that this is a feature of the Premium version of this feature:

Voicemail Comparison | Verizon Wireless

However, we have not been able to get the transcription service to work.  We called Verizon customer support, and the nice representative guessed that maybe this feature is not supported on his phone.  However, there is no evidence on the Verizon Wireless web site that his phone does not support this capability.

The rest of the Premium Visual Voicemail features appear to work fine.

Can anyone provide instructions for how to get the Voicemail to Text message feature to work?

Thanks!

/Don

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why won't voicemail to text work?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using the Verizon Voicemail app from the Play Store?  Also are you attempting to get the voicemails with an active 3G/4G cellular data connection?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The voicemail to TEXT MESSAGE (as I am reading the chart) is only on the iPhone.  Android supports voicemail transcription but it may be sent as an email, not a text message.  Is the email account associated with the phone getting emails with the voice transcription?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is a transcription directly in the Verizon Voicemail app and it is only the first 45 seconds of the voicemail that is transcribed. It is not sent as a text message. Also, the transcription is never very accurate. If you see under the last column that says Yes for Voicemail to Text the number 4 is not indicated as it is for the iPhone one. Which would lead me to believe that that is NOT sent via text message.

0 Likes
CAPCITYCONTRACTING

We use a service called Talkscribe. Messages go to text and email. It's not cheap but the accuracy is way better than automatic transcription because humans do it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONWEG8, thank you for your time and patience. I know you want full access to the voicemail feature you are paying for. Android devices do qualify for Premium Visual Voicemail, but that no longer includes transcribed messages. It does make checking your messages much easier though.

MarcusS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes