Why prorate me becuase I was misled about a new Verizon plan?
NJ_Analyst
Contributor - Level 1

I contacted Verizon Wireless to determine if there was a way that I could save roaming charges while on vacation in Canada.  The service rep told me that I could change to a Canada and Mexico plan for $65 per month which was only $5 per month more than I am currently paying for my single line smartphone plan. I was also told that there would be a $25 charge for International data and that I could go back to my former $60 month plan in the next billing cycle.  Today, I received my bill showing that the cost of the Canada plan was $40 more than I was told so I immediately called Verizon customer service to have my old plan back.  They complied with my request but told me that I would be prorated for the three days that I was on the Canada plan and that reinstated data plan would be reduced from 2 GB to 1.8 GB because the billing cycle had started.  I am very unhappy that I should be penalized because I received misleading information about the cost of the Canada plan and I told the Verizon rep but he said there was nothing he could do.  Now, I know from past experience that they can backdate plan changes but now they don't want to.  When asked how much I will be charged, the service rep didn't know because their billing systems take a few days to update.  A word to the wise: Don't change plans until you get all the facts!

Labels (1)
0 Likes