Why isn't my phone working after porting my number to my new Verizon prepaid phone?
NikkiTasha

I am a new Verizon customer and activated my phone yesterday using a temporary number. I then sent a port request to port my StraightTalk number to Verizon. I was told the port was successful a few hours later. However, it has been over 24 hours and my phone STILL doesn't work, and Verizon deactivated my StraightTalk phone so now I am without a phone and have been for a day now.

I have contacted customer service several times, waited on hold for hours, and still got NO help. No one has taken me seriously and I am so disappointed. This is absolutely a disgrace. I have never experienced such terrible customer service. If this doesn't get fixed soon, I will be moving back to StraightTalk. What do I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why isn't my phone working after porting my number to my new Verizon prepaid phone?
NikkiTasha

Has anyone else had this issue? I was told there is nothing they can do. I asked if I can just get another temporary number and was told NO, that my account cannot be accessed at the time to do technical difficulties. I was also told this could take anywhere from hours to weeks to fix.

0 Likes
Re: Why isn't my phone working after porting my number to my new Verizon prepaid phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The port might not be completed yet. Calling customer service from another phone to check on the port progress is one step, but you should also turn off the Straight Talk phone and remove its battery if possible as leaving it on can delay the port progress.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of the porting issues outlined in your post NikkiTasha! While we only have access to postpaid accounts, our prepaid customer service team can review this issue and assist you further. Please call them at 888-294-6804 at your convenience.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes