Why is there no communication between Billing and Collections?
Scott81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently just merged two accounts into one?  The account that was deactivated had an outstanding balance (which through my own due diligence, showed was an incorrect amount).  That being said my question is what is the time frame before something goes to collections?  We merged our accounts in Sept 10th, on Oct 24th I started getting harassing phone calls that my credit was going to be ruined and I needed to pay them now over the phone (do not ask for your customers credit card over the phone Verizon...).  Why would you have this sent to collections inside 45 days, just send me a text or email saying I have an outstanding balance?

On a second note why would you let collection agents threaten my credit (albeit discreetly), that is getting dangerously close to breaking consumer protection laws, if not at a minimum being unethical.  I am a current customer and AM being treated horrendously by collections over the course of the last month, again I AM A CUSTOMER.  Please tell me collections is contracted out to a 3rd party and you're not allowing internal employees to [removed],

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: Why is there no communication between Billing and Collections?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might want to try the financial services department at 866.266.1445 to straighten this out if you haven't already done so.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Scott81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for letting me know I should contact financial services.  I did that before my original post.  I took the time to reconcile my bill for them and was agreed that it was over stated by the CSR.  Guess what...phone calls didn’t stop, collections kept calling and badgering us (3 times a day VZ, seriously?). So at this point what I need help with is how to get a credit of $25, cause my wife gave up and paid an unrequired balance.

So to make sure you understand my question inside my upsetness above.

how do I get a $25 credit for paying collections for a bill that didn’t exsist?

and for my original questions:

why is there no communications between billing and collections?

do you think its appropriate to treat active customers like thieves?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Scott81 We truly want to get to the bottom of this billing issue. Please respond to our private message so we can look further into this issue.

JoelD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you have an outstanding balance, it can be reported to the credit agencies at 31 days. If you are past the 31 day mark, the person calling can certainly alert you to the fact that it will be reported as a late payment. Your car loan company does it, your mortgage company does it and your credit card company does it. They don't even call you. They will just send bills in the mail and at 31 day of being late....BAM!...a report to the credit agencies. What makes Verizon any different? Also, if you assumed the account that had the past due balance, you then assumed that past due balance.

0 Likes
Scott81
Enthusiast - Level 2

the reason its can’t report it is VZ does not follow the procedures required by credit bureaus, and therefore you accout is not part of your credit report (look at your credit report, is your cell carrier one of your open accounts?) So VZ saying it could affect your credit and you should pay immediately is predatory to get money from people. 

In my case we did not have an outstanding balance, it was in error.  I attempted to reconcile with the collection agent and they just repeat their statements and say they do not work with billing and its in my best interest to pay now.  I am not trying to get away with free service, I just have a higher expectation of service from a company that I pay a MRC to every month in how they treat me.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It doesn't show as an open account but delinquent account can certainly be reported.

0 Likes
Scott81
Enthusiast - Level 2

Will I be getting contacted by verizon?  I was told to reply 3 weeks ago with my contact number, yet I have not been contacted...guess since I paid their frivilous wrong incorrect bill, verizon decided customer service was no longer required...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Scott81, let's get closure to your billing issues. I know this has been a long and frustrating situation for you. Sorry that you had to go through this. Regrettably, we didn't receive your previous Private Message. Please reply to the message that I just sent you, so we can connect about your concerns.

JoelR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes