Why is there no Verizon service at Camp Wilson/Twentynine Palms, CA?
m001590
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently had a two week training exercise at Camp Wilson/Twentynine Palms, CA, where my iphone was literally a paper-weight due to no Verizon Wireless Service in the area.  Others with AT&T could still use their phones.  When is Verizon going to cover this area?

Labels (1)
Re: Why is there no Verizon service at Camp Wilson/Twentynine Palms, CA?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have no fear, Verizon is here! I can help you with your service at Camp Wilson! We know how important it is for you to stay in contact with friends, family, and loved ones. Rest assured that we are committed to your wireless happiness. May I ask what zip code are you having the issue in? Also, which iPhone do you have? Can I assume that you are having issues with voice and data service? As you share more info on the issue then we can customize a solution for you. I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thank you...

Arnett_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
m001590
Enthusiast - Level 2

The zip code at Camp Wilson is 92277, and it is located just Southwest of the intersection of Rainbow Canyon Road and Coyote Valley Road, Twentynine Palms, CA.  I trained there with the Marine Corps for 2 weeks (14-28 June) and had no Verizon Wireless service with my iPhone 4.  Can I get a credit on my next bill for the 2 weeks that I did not have any service?

Sincerely,

David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi m001590!

Thanks for providing the information, I was able to easily locate the area. I'm showing that the area you mention is a no service area, and has to do with the fact that you were in training for the Marine Corps there. This is a no service area for security reasons.

Christina_VZW

0 Likes
m001590
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please check your facts when you say there is no service for security reasons, because there were only 2-3 select areas in the camp where cell phones weren't allowed and they were just collected at the entrance to those areas. How is it that AT&T and T-Mobile customers had service and were able to use their phones all over the area? I think I'm justified in requesting a credit for not being able to use my phone for two weeks. If you can't help me, please forward this message to someone who can.<br/><br/>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is frustrating moo1590. There is a lot of steps that occur when service is being requested or towers are being built in a certain area, especially military bases and camps. Those areas have specific signals and coverage that may not be compatible with our network. We are provided those reasons why service is not allowed but we are provided maps and information advising the area is not covered. I'm also unable to compare our service to other carriers. We all have similar but different steps based on our network. We are not able to provide you with a credit for an area that does not have coverage because its an area you traveled to and not your home area you set up service or an area you provided to us and listed on your account as your residence. I hope this information was helpful. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kinquana_VZW

0 Likes
m001590
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thx for nothing - literally no service for two weeks in an area covered by your competitors and you can't provide a credit. Lets just say it could be open season when this loyal customers contract expires.<br/><br/>

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Dave thanks for serving in the Military my dad served in Vietnam.. But what could be the possible case is that At&T or T-Mobile might have got Special permission or was Granted a Lease to Operate on the Grounds and it may be written some wear that they were the only one's to get this Lease.. But i agree with ya if they were granted why not grant others Carriers..

Thanks Again for the Service.. B33

0 Likes
djpanic

this is why so many people leave verizon that are in the Military, I have many issues with the same areas at camp wilson but in the training areas the service is decent.  If it was not for my unlimited data i would have left years ago

0 Likes