Why is the signal in my house suddenly getting worse?
KWERD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for 16 years and never had an issue with service. Suddenly a month ago the service inside my house has been getting worse, dropping calls, can’t hear me on the other line, can’t send texts. What is going on? Why would it suddenly stop working? We are really frustrated, please get our service back working. Zip code is 20901

Labels (1)
Re: Why is the signal in my house suddenly getting worse?
Gtmt20
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have this same issue.  It just started this week and very frustrating.  My zip code of 20879.  I have an Iphone 8 and I spoke to Verizon and told me it was because I did not have WIFI calling turn on which is incorrect since when I turned it on I am still having the same issue.  Very frustrating would appreciate a response.

justlp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue. Suddenly people can't hear me when I'm in my house.  I've turned on HD calling as well as WiFi calling, did not help. I've already opened a ticket & Verizon closed it telling me to do what I've already done.  I recently dropped my land line & am REALLY regretting it. This seems to be the most common problem reported here. What is going on? I've been with Verizon forever, but am starting to look at other options. I need people to be able to hear what I'm saying!!! Zip code is 94501, LG G6.

binderfam04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue, just started yesterday. Suddenly my house is a dead zone and all devices show NO SERVICE,  as soon as we leave our signal comes back but why all the sudden and no help from verizon other than we are in a variable coverage area but we've never been told that and would've went to a different carrier initially if we had known. They say it should eventually come back but no timeframe and no reason why all the sudden we are just out of luck. Extremely frustrating for what we pay for 4 devices.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want to lose you as a customer binderfam04. I understand the importance of having dependable service, especially at home. Let's get this figured out. What is your zip code? Is this issue only happening indoor or outdoors as well? Did anything change in the area such as construction?

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
binderfam04
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip is 77968, I can put my address in your website to view coverage and it shows EXCELLENT 4G coverage at my address. My house is suddenly a dead zone yet I can walk right out my back door and have one bar. No construction in the area, no new buildings that went up. I walked through all the trouble shooting steps last night via vzw on fb to no avail. Still sitting with NO SERVICE on 4 devices this morning. I want to understand how as a customer I am supposed to know that I am in a variable coverage area when the entire area where I am at on Verizon's coverage map is completely red. I never would've went with a carrier with that type of coverage, the map is either incorrect of extremely misleading and its extremely frustrating to be told that wifi calling is now our solution because verizon refuses to send anyone out to investigate.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Binderfam04, we truly understand how essential your cellular service is to you. We never want you to be without it. We truly want to get this issue resolved for you. Do you have a WiFi connection? What type of phones do you have? 

Dia_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KWERD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you. Nothing has changed in the area. My zip is 20901. It is occurring mainly inside but also in my yard at times.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
Dr3wFr4nk

Same issue for me in 02467. It's as if a nearby tower has gone down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming that step was completed. With regard to the device do you only have this issue indoors or does this occur outside of your home as well? 

Jasper_VZW

0 Likes