Re: Why is the signal in my house suddenly getting worse?
KWERD1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mainly inside but sometimes outside as well. Sitting in my home right now I have one bar.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
nanas6kidz
Same issue for me i just got an IPhone 8 plus   But I when i receive or call i loose service. Whts up ?
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dr3wFr4nk, I'm sorry you've been having similar issues. I did check out the zip code you shared, and we currently don't have any issues reported. Are you also having trouble with service indoors or is it in multiple locations? What kind of phone do you have?

John_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning nanas6kidz! We understand the importance of having a reliable service. Please determine if you are using WiFi calling by following the steps below, if so, please turn it off, keep us posted:

1. Place a call to the preferred number.

2. Determine if the call is placed over Wi-Fi by the " Wi-Fi" indicator (upper-left).

Maria_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pikespeakhiker

I have the exact same issue in 80920. Here is what I've been told so far:

1. Yes, the iphone 7 with newer ios releases suddenly has worse coverage - upgrade (not true since others have newer phones and having the same issue)

2. It is due to verizon rolling out the next gen network and it is creating poor coverage - maybe, it was a store rep that told me this because he also experienced the same

3. Call support and they will give you a network extender - not true, they tried to charge me $250

The frustrating part is that we have lived in this same house for 16 years. Never this issue. Same phone for over 2 years.

I don't want to use wifi calls because it is 1mb/minute of call. I'd be paying comcast for data overage calls due to my usage.

I don't mind paying the BMW prices for a cell provider. But not when I'm receiving Pinto service.

(The scary thing is that it isn't just our house - but entire neighborhood has been impacted. And Colorado Springs now has dead zones that it didn't use to have in previous areas of great coverage.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to keeping you connected when and where you need it. I apologize for the inconvenience. To confirm, how far do you travel away from your home before the service improves? Does the performance vary at different times of the day? 

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Rockiesfan

We have been having the same problem for the last month. I went to the local Verizon store shortly after it began and an employee informed me that Verizon is in the process of installing 5G antennas in the Denver area, so they are taking down the 4G antennas, which is causing the dropped calls/bad signal. He told me that the work would be done in about two months. Can anyone from Verizon confirm this is true?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Rockiesfan! I've got good news - Denver is definitely the next city to get our 5G network! We're there already, working hard to convert our network, and, yes, coverage might be spotty for a little while - please hang in there, and fasten your seatbelts, okay, speed is on its way!

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
banthony1

I had this same problem a few years ago.   Verizon finally confided in me and said that they change the cell signals from time to time depending on the load and demand. When they make this change some customers benefit and others....... don't.  They gave me an "extender" but this failed and it made absolutly no change in the service.  I suffered through it and magically... the service became better about 2-3 months later.

BUT!!!! NOW my service has gone back to being very poor.  I'll give it about another month and I will seriously have to consider if I want to stay with Verizon.  I don't want to leave but I have no choice if I can't conduct business from my home because of my cell signal.

Apple came out with new phones today. I'm going to give it about 60 days and choose my new phone and carrier at that time.  Sorry Verizon, I DO NOT want to leave.  By the way, I live in zip code 19382.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

banthony1, I am so sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with your service! We know how important it is to have a great connection, especially at home, and we don't want to see you leave Verizon. I'm concerned to hear that you received an extender that did not work, and I'd like to look into that also. What is your closest intersection, so we can check the coverage? Do you know of any other Verizon customers who also have trouble in this area? 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes