Why is the signal at my home so much weaker than when I moved here in February 2013? I only get one or two bars and very poor data service if any at all.
Ron8ald

Why is the signal at my home so much weaker than it was when I moved here in February 2013?  I get only one or two bars and very poor data service if any at all.  Calling to ask the question results in a vortex of questions that have little to do with the problem and no  resolution or answer.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is the signal at my home so much weaker than when I moved here in February 2013?  I only get one or two bars and very poor data service if any at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to help find you answers, Ron8ald. But we do need to find out more information to get to the bottom of this change. Have you only noticed this change at home or all over town/across the area? What model phone do you have? Do you know if there's been any changes in your area, like a new building to even a new TV service at your home?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Why is the signal at my home so much weaker than when I moved here in February 2013? I only get one or two bars and very poor data service if any at all.
Not applicable

Because maybe you are further away form the same tower or using a different tower and are further away form that? You do understand how cell phone technology works don't you? Also maybe the house you are in has more signal blocking materials. Maybe you're new place is surround by more tall trees or buildings?

0 Likes
Re: Why is the signal at my home so much weaker than when I moved here in February 2013? I only get one or two bars and very poor data service if any at all.
Ron8ald

I have a Droid Ultra phone. The signal reduction seems to only be in the general area of my home. If I go downtown, the signal improves to what it once was at home. Everything at my home is as it was when the signal was good, including cable TV service. There has been no new construction in the area that I know of.

Thanks for trying to resolve the issue. Just this morning while trying to view web pages, I found that I could not load any.

Ron

0 Likes
Ron8ald

Unless the tower has been moved or re-oriented, I am in the same location relative to towers that I was when the signal was great. The house is the same. When we moved here, I was very pleased to find such a strong signal. ow it’s so low as to be unusable.

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
Re: Why is the signal at my home so much weaker than when I moved here in February 2013?  I only get one or two bars and very poor data service if any at all.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info Ron8ald! What software version are you on? (Settings>About Phone>System Version) Also, what zipcode is your home in? Do other customers have the same issue in the general area of your home?

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ron8ald

Version 21.11.21_obake. I live in 14895. I don't know about others in the area.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Likes
Ron8ald

I have version 21.11.21.obake_verizon.Verizon.en.US. My home is in zip code 14895. I have not consulted other users nearby as the ones I know don’t have Verizon.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes