Re: Why is spending limit decreased without notification?
iphoneguy86
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you plan on doing that? As of right now I have a box of AT&T iPhones to replace my Verizon account. As of right now based on other posts on this site and my conversations with people in your CORE team I’m left in a realm of uncertainty on whether or not your terribly aggressive credit model will ever change. I do a lot of business on eBay, and as such I’ve had a compromised bank account before. Whose to say I don’t have an unforeseen issue and your aggressively excessive credit model lowers my financing ability. That’s not a way I want to do business. AT&T terrible but they stick with a credit model and don’t penalize you every 30 days only when you have suspensions for non payment. But your not AT&T your Verizon and you also don’t have service as good as them so I would worry less about being greedy and more about what’s going to keep you in the number 1 spot carrier wise and not put you behind AT&T. 

If you can guarantee me that this credit nonsense will improve and change then I would stay with Verizon. If that’s corporate policy to check everyone’s credit every 30 days and reduce their spending limit for devices for mundane things such as 1 balance forward in 6 months then I’m gone with all my 6 lines and I will make it a personal mission to ensure I advocate to everyone how terrible the service I’ve experienced is how slow the data network is and how greedy your device financing policies are. And I’m not ignorant-I get it; the phones are expensive and as a business no one wants to be left holding the bag on these expensive devices but your credit check model is just way too aggressive and your mailing thousands of customers adverse action letters telling them they don’t even have enough credit to finance a Watch. AT&T sent me all this stuff with only taxes down my credit can’t be that bad and I’m pretty sure their credit check is a bit more strict than yours. 

So what say you?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's our priority that we help you fix any issues you're currently experiencing with your data speeds, and we will also be glad to clarify all your concerns regarding the spending limit on your account. We've contacted you via a Private Note for additional assistance.

GeovannJ_VZW

KA1967
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue. With the credit limit. I didn’t even no there was one I just thought device payment was a given option because phones are so expensive!!! I go in today to upgrade my 4 year old I phone 6 only to be told I only had 300 to finance! Like what? You can’t get anything for 300! I guess it’s tome to switch carriers 

0 Likes
iphoneguy86
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you don’t have auto pay and either pay a few days late or sometimes use a promise to pay they lowered your spending limit. That or they did a credit check which is their new thing they do a soft inquiry every 30 days and on your recent one they decided you should only have $300 which means you need to pay a hefty amount out of pocket and that’s just for one line. If you want any other you pay all outright. That’s Verizon with corporate greed at its finest. Sorry that happened to you bud. I’m a single dad and I’m not rich. Once in a while I carry a balance over. But I always pay. So in turn their lowering spending limits. If I docked them for everytime my data was terribly slow they’d owe me a new phone. For free. Just saying. 

0 Likes
Mamamuise

Same thing happened to me! I'm so angry. I have been with Verizon for 8 years. I was going to add a line for my daughter and upgrade 3 lines. My plan currently has a credit and they said I have to put down a massive deposit. I contacted customer service and they didn't seem to care. My current phone is paid off and it's only worth $45 in perfect condition as a trade in so that wouldn't even cover the deposit. I shouldn't have to pay a massive deposit since I have been a loyal customer for 8 years! I'm currently looking into switching providers over this! It's insane. I have NEVER had to do a deposit and have upgraded 3 lines 4 times and added a line and upgraded it once. Such a disappointing experience. 

0 Likes
iphoneguy86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry.  Verizon’s gone to trash. They’re network is so slow now everywhere their customer service leaves a lot to be desired and now that they’re greedily playing with people’s upgrades by not letting them upgrade if they’ve ever paid a day late. That will cost Verizon a lot of customers if they don’t figure that out. My friend works in a Verizon corporate retail store and says angry off customers leave multiple time’s a day when otherwise people with good credit are told their new policy lowered their upgrade eligibility. Mine was $4000 now it’s all the way down to $700. Now it’s $0.00 because I left them for AT&T and my service is better and my upgrades aren’t getting played with. AT&T is pretty straight forward they only temporarily block you from upgrades if your account keeps getting disconnected they don’t soft inquiry your credit every single month and penalize you if you a balance forward one month. 

Quite honestly if I penalized them for everyone I had cruddy data service they’d owe me like 5 free phones. 

I’d go AT&T if I were you. Sprint and T-Mobile are merging and I can’t speak to what that experience will be like. Good luck!

0 Likes